“Very disappointed.....I so wanted to love it.”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Very disappointed.....I so wanted to love it.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The resort and rooms are beautiful. The andaz tries to do everything "different" which isn't necessarily better. In fact most of operations don't work. Upon arrival it i was handed off to five different iPad carrying young people before I got I to my room, ridiculous. I had stayed at the fairmont for 5 days prior to checking in at andaz.....no comparison. The rooms were average size before the remodel but the bathrooms are now larger and the rooms are small now. Rooms are beautiful but not comfortable, no place to set things and the furniture looks good but isn't enjoyable. The swimming pools are very nice and pretty. Valet brought me the wrong car three times!!!! What system they use I don't know???? The open kitchen restaurant isn't what I am looking for. It's odd, it's very expensive and your only dining choice for breakfast. The pool offers great food, the market/store is nice. The staff is very nice, helpful and friendly. I was VERY disappointed when I was told no to my request for a 1pm checkout. I'm sorry but I will not go back. Ill stick with the suites at the fairmont. I don't trust all the 5 star reviews.......no way can they all be true!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Ross R
AndazMaui, Manager at Andaz Maui At Wailea, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Aloha Ross, Thank you for sharing your feedback while staying at our resort. We certainly appreciate your positive comments in regards to your experience of our pools, menu options at our lounges, and your interaction with our associates. We would like to get more details as it relates to your comments on your arrival and departure experience, valet and guestroom accommodations. If you would kindly email us at andazmauireservations@andaz.com, we would very much appreciate the opportunity to connect with you personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff in brand new property. Many of the other hotels are showing their age but this place really shines. The staff is a real standout They try real hard to make your stay special. Unique pool areas that have tons of different spaces to make you fell like your at a private pool. Not to missed if your plans are for some time in Maui.

Stayed December 2013
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The staff was so very helpful & the resort was flawless! Besides being in the perfect location of Maui, the one person who made the trip so amazing was the head valet Sherman. He gave my now husband & I so much assistance in our wedding process. I wish I could have gone & thanked him again in person before we left. Amazing hotel- amazing staff- amazing location.

Southern California
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our second Andaz and our 25th Hyatt stay for 2013. The Andaz Maui at Wailea ranks high on our list of favorite hotels worldwide. This resort blends in with the environment and is tastefully decorated throughout. Service is world class and every employee made you feel at home. Breakfast buffet is to die for and includes fruits freshly cut, squeezed or blended before your eyes. If nothing else, come for the breakfast and tour the resort.

Room Tip: A suite with a full ocean view is always desired.
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am sure i am going to fall short of words writing this review.
Amazing service, amazing food, professional staff,Lovely decor ,best beach and pools.
Bet i need not to say more but still i will like to rave:
I am a picky eater , first time in my vacation i was hungry and ate heartily ,moreover my husband and i have extremely different taste buds so during vacations one person is always upset with food .But here we both were able to find stuff to enjoy.
( do try breakfast buffet -it is quite pricey but it is worth it )-Awesome servers and staff , we were magnanimously given a print out of there penne -cotta yoghurt that they sensed that we are loving (we did not even ask/tell)
Lunch at pool side is even more amazing and is affordable if compare that with breakfast.
Do try lobster cheese sandwich and some vegetarian dish just to understand how they are retaining all natural flavors in food.
Amazing infinity pools with unlimited supply of towels , separate kid pool with ample seating for parents and super alert staff -it is safe and awesome if you want to relax at pool with kids.
We booked an ocean view room and view was amazing but in general i think the way property sits it will have less ocean view in numbers.
Overall property is very modern and spa-looking in nature lounge .
There are no hidden charges , everything is clearly listed and you will never get the feeling of being cheated (that i always get when i deal with big corporate hotels dont know why !)
When we checked out for one night we decided to crash in Mariott that is near airport i just wanted to sit inside and read my book and when i tried looking for it i found that i left that in Andaz that was 10+ mile drive from where we checked in for final night stay , we called and to my utter surprise director of security himself drove to our place in 1 hour to return my cheap book !
I am thoroughly impressed with this place i hope they maintain these high standards that they are setting.
Yes it is a costly place but I think people don't mind paying if service is great and that's what service industry is /should be all about !

Some pointers :
Its not a very commercial area , if you want to crash in here and eat outside you will have tough time finding economical places.
For all kind of water sports you will have to drive to Lahaina /may be other location here i did not find any.
If Golf is your thing don't even consider any other option.
Any driving distance in Maui will take more then what GPS says, traffic is crazy in afternoons, start early if you want to avoid rush.
The only thing that needs little polishing here in this hotel is Spa that also in terms of offerings and listings (i can be biased here as i am very regular spa goer and moreover i am pretty aware of Ayurvedic massages that i did not find here )

1 Thank NilayNeha
San Rafael, California
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Did the 2 minute walk from our condominium in Ekahi Village and went to their new Japanese restaurant called Morimoto. It was great! Very authentic chefs and food. Every pieve of sushi and sashimi was amazing. Prices are not cheap but also not out of line with other fine Japanese restaurants. Ths Iron Chef spot is definitely worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just returned from two and a half weeks in Hawaii visiting four island and the very best hotel we stayed at was the Andaz! Their service ethic is second to none! All the staff are welcoming and extremely knowledgeable and passionate about their property. It was brilliant! I travelled with a client and he was 'blown away' by the service levels. The hotel itself is lovely but the service is an absolutely brilliant! The in-house restaurant is superb. Probably some of the best food we had in Hawaii. Our wait staff and the young chef we met were thrilled we loved the food and spent time discussing it with us. Our experience was spectacular - we can't speak highly enough of this resort's staff - well done Andaz Maui - keep it up! You are the definite star in the Hawaiian islands.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DaphneTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!