“Above and Beyond The Spirit of Aloha!”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I'm not sure where to start! I travel to Maui often (I used to live there!) and this is my new favorite hotel! New. Modern. Clean lines. They thought just about everything through! I had the most enjoyable check-in experience EVER, where I met Robin. She is knowledgeable, friendly - you can't help but hug her to say thanks! The rooms are comfortable and kept very clean. Lewis and his team in housekeeping see to that! Snacks and coffee are complimentary in them. There is a 24 hour market which is nice for a late night snack! Lots of pool space (5 pools total) and shade that you don't have to pay for! OH! And the hotel is VERY eco-friendly with filtered water systems on every floor! No need to bring a water bottle - they give you one!

The service is OUTSTANDING!! Alex's team at the pool(s): Fausto, Kristen, Lou, Mike, Drew, Michael, Steven, Jay -- and Chad's bartender and servers: Jason, Kaylee and Erica....they leave nothing open for you to want!! If you get a chance to go to the spa, spend a little extra to have Katie help you make your custom blended massage oils! It was a fun experience! Ashley in sales is a gem and I look forward to working with her!

My only suggestion: I would enhance the menu for around the pool. Perhaps a daily special? I was there 8 days and it got old.

THANK YOU Andaz for one of the most enjoyable stays ever!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the infinity pools are wonderful! Garden level also look very nice with your own...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,899)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. Nice pools. Close beautiful beach. Clean gym. Beautiful ocean views. Nice staff. The food was moderately good and not worth the price. Drinks by the pool were not typical Hawaiian flavored they are typical New York style. I did enjoy the fact that most food was organic. The beds are the worst things I have ever slept on... I would rather sleep on a bed from motel 6 any day over that horrible bed at andaz! The beds are so soft on the middle compared to the edges. I would wake up with my back aching so bad that I had to take meds to sleep. Miserable. I would also not call to have the courtesy vehicle pick you up because I waited outside of the mall for them to get me about 15 mins than they drove right past me. Was I suppose to throw my bags at them to get their attention? I ended up walking back to the hotel. And they greeted me with just a sorry. The construction was also noisy by the pool.
My stay was 6 nights of horrible sleep. This hotel needs a lot of work if they want to be a 5 star resort. I truly will NEVER return to this hotel again!!

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank EatTwix
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I fell in love with this hotel the moment we stepped in. From the moment I checked in I saw the beautiful infinity pools and the beach in the near distance .
Staff was attentive and wonderful.
Loved the complimentary snacks and nonalcoholic drinks in the room .
This hotel is leed certified as I found out from an article and that was a plus to know it is Eco friendly .
I liked the layout of the room . It felt spacious and was a good layout with good utilization of all spaces .
I loved the activities the hotel offered. I picked the wailea walk and the canoe ride which were both complimentary . I enjoyed both activities very much.
It was very convenient to step out of my room and be steps away from the beach with a beach chair and umbrella awaiting me .
The andaz resort was a dream come true .
My favorite part was the spa . I felt so pampered and it was a relaxing experience .
I'd highly recommend this hotel to people visiting Wailea.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Pompeiiluv
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Spent one night at the Andaz Maui over veteran’s day weekend and immensely enjoyed the hotel.

Overall the service level at this hotel was spectacular from the moment I stepped out of my car. You truly feel the Aloha and it seems like everyone on the property, from the bartenders to the front desk staff, were genuinely happy to be there and happy to help me.

The entire hotel seems to blend the lines between an elegant home and a hotel: for instance, the check-in process is done by iPad and you can sit overlooking the ocean with a drink. The Ka’ana Kitchen buffet has a home-style feel as well (and the buffet is probably one of the best I’ve ever been to).

Everything seemed brand-new and in a modern style: the rooms, the gym, the spa, and a pretty spectacular pool. I stayed in an ocean-view (standard) room, where the rain shower and blackout curtains were a nice touch. Great soaps, too.

Looking forward to another trip soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MWP_808
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I visited the Andaz Maui on their 68th day since opening. Visually, it is designed with modern clean lines, open spaces, natural colors, with a keen sense of design to merge the interior spaces and the outside. I really enjoyed the bathroom, restaurant, and spa. I know people don’t select a hotel for their bathroom, but the shower area was the width of the room that it is pure upscale. You can shower and still see Wailea Beach! The restaurant serving breakfast offered items from the menu or buffet. Take the buffet. The design has a feel of being in a large family kitchen with locally grown and freshly made items. It was a gastronomic feast! This spa was unlike other hotel spas. It had nicely appointed rooms (and snacks), sauna, steam room, whirlpool, including a couple’s massage room. The hotel employees were well trained. The employees were attentive and offered Hawaiian hospitality. Will I visit again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Get a room off the lobby area facing Wailea Beach. It is private with easy access to guest services...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ThomasKerns
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Staff: The staff was EXCELLENT. Kind. Genuine. Interaction and conversation did not feel fake or forced.

Property: The property is gorgeous. Modern and contemporary. Absolutely stunning.

Restaurant: The restaurant beneath the lobby was also excellent. We had dinner there one night as well as the breakfast "buffet" which was a gourmet meal in and of itself. The food available to order at the pool is equally as good.

Room: The room was very comfortable and brand new. It was fairly small compared to the Fairmont rooms but was fine.

Biggest complaint: We called to make sure there would be no construction noise by the pools before booking. We were assured there would not. Of course, there was a TON of construction noise. Constant power washing, "beeping" from trucks and dozers backing up, etc. It was so annoying we were forced to hang out on the beach which obviously is not a bad place to be but it was frustrating because we were specifically assured there would be no noise.

Minor complaints: The pool water was freezing. Almost unbearable. Other guests were complaining as well. We thought it was just because it was November, but Four Seasons water was very comfortable. This resulted in the one small hot tub being packed with people and the rest of the gorgeous pools empty except for the brave few. The ocean was leaps and bounds warmer so daily swims were in the ocean rather than the pool. Daily housekeeping came around 330 or 4pm which was kind of late in the day, but ok. Also, housekeeping kept refilling the coffee packets in our room with decaf rather than the regular that we used every morning. By the end of the trip, we had a bunch of decaf packets oddly. The iPod connection was available in the room but we couldn't figure out how to work it. We ordered a movie one night and the movie kept skipping and freezing. Engineering came up to the room the next day and basically said that the problem resolved itself but we never ordered another movie to find out if that was correct. Engineering also explained to us that in order to use the iPod player we had to unplug a wire from the TV and have a special remote to control the music. We never did get the "special remote" from engineering.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were there for 2 nights & 3 days and was totally spoiled by the attentive staff there. From the moment our group got off our mini-bus, we were treated royally. We had an ocean view room with a beautiful view, including a stunning sunset. We really enjoyed the meals at the hotel, they used a lot of local fruits and vegetables. And though it was a bit pricey, you could tell they used fresh, quality ingredients. Everything was really tasty. We enjoyed a massage and a pedicure at Awili Spa. The spa attendants was very friendly and helpful. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and friendly. The rooms was very clean and we had turn down service every night. It was a relaxing weekend and a great experience; we're looking forward to booking another vacation there soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PokiY0930
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!