No words can describe what an unbelievable stay we have had at the Andaz in Maui! We couldn't decide whether to stay on the west or south side of the island so we decided on 3 nights on both sides and for our south side time, chose the Andaz as it was the "new kid on the block". We absolutely loved our stay and wished we had stayed here the whole time (both for the resort itself and the better beaches on the south).
The property is brand new with so many highlights and amazing features that we didn't feel the need to venture off to any other neighbouring resorts. Even the locals said we weren't missing much as it is definitely the most superior hotel in Wailea. Some of the things we loved:
- Check in experience was first class. From the handmade lei's provided, to the quenching lemonade and cooling towels, to the flawless use of iPads sitting on the comfortable lounges. Seamless and definitely made you feel special!
- Staff everywhere were amazing and nothing was ever an issue. Friendly, attentive, helpful and a great Aloha spirit!
- Best food we ate anywhere on the island! Whilst the hotel food was probably about $4-$6 per dish more expensive than other resorts, it is definitely worth every penny! Clean eating, fresh food with so much flavour! We were lucky to speak to Brent Martin (Exec Chef) who was so passionate about bringing the local Maui flavours to the table and did so amazingly. We ate at all the bars, poolside, Mokapu market and the Ka'ana Kitchen and each time was great! Highlight would be the Ka'ana Kitchen both for the breakfast experience (wow) and dinner (great sharing experience).
- We were upgraded from a partial ocean front to a full ocean front room which had a private lanai (so cute). Room was clean, great use of space and storage, nice comfy king bed, gorgeous furniture and fixtures, complimentary snacks and easy to use electric shades and lighting. Loved it!
- With 3 infinity pools, a big lagoon and an adult pool there is always somewhere to relax and enjoy the sun. Pool chairs were comfy and towels were soft and fluffy. If you prefer the ocean, the beach in front of the property was amazing. Crystal clear water and great snorkelling in the morning.
- We enjoyed spending time sitting in the lobby (which really does feel like your "private lounge room" as the staff explained). During the day, there was always little things to eat (fruit and slices) and from about 5pm drinks are served to guests as they enjoy the amazing sunset.
Overall we loved the vibe, the attention detail, the customer service and the experience we had at the Andaz. Highly recommended to anyone visiting Maui and we can't wait to come back!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, HotelPower, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andaz Maui At Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Maui At Wailea