“Amazing stay in Paradise!”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing stay in Paradise!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying at Andaz ever since I heard it was supposed to open earlier this summer. I had my vacation booked months in advance and when I checked in I wasn't disappointed. I was checked in by Jill (who is an amazing host) and was recognized as being a diamond member. I was escorted to my suite on the 5th floor and was amazed by the million dollar views. The Ka'ana kitchen was as amazing as I heard it was. I had the breakfast experience which consisted of the buffet which includes made to order eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit and more! The breakfast also entitles you to order a half order of items on the menu. I felt like my 4 night stay was too short and should've stayed longer! This hotel gives the four seasons a run for its money and in my opinion is better than the grand wailea. Everybody was extremely friendly and personable. I will definitely come back to Andaz in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank chr1sX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and i and another couple have just recently stayed at the Andaz.
The 4 days we spent at the hotel in Maui were pure bliss.
The hotel has recently opened, and all the finishings were beautiful.
From the moment we walked into the hotel, our personal point of contact Jill was extraordinary.
Nothing was aproblem and all our needs and requests were fully catered for.
The bar staff were amazing, kept us entertained particularly James.
We really cant fault any part of this hotel, the facilities, food, and ambience was amazing.
Highly recommended and we'll definately come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank drpeterb
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The experience began two weeks prior to arrival while in the midst of final wedding preparations I received a call from Debbie, a concierge at the Andaz. There was no hassling, but instead a conversation where I felt like I was talking with an old friend. Perfect recommendations for my wife and I were discussed and the planning began with little or no work on my end...the Andaz was already taking care of it.
When we arrived at the beautiful premises there was no check-in desk. We were instantly taken in by the serene, zen-like environment and sat on a comfortable sofa, over-looking the ocean and discussing our week-long vacation. Again, no work on our behalf. The Andaz was taking care of it.
We were then introduced to Dahvii. He is the "Experience Manager" at the hotel. From that point on, as if the hotel hadn't already proved that it was the best experience we would have in a resort, Dahvii made our trip that much more spectacular. From recommendations, to simple conversation at cocktail hour. He elevated our experience once again.
It's not that the property is so grandiose (it is gorgeous with a beautiful beach). It's the little things that they did for us. Joe at the breakfast buffet who was making our fresh juices sticks out in my mind as someone who made us feel special for something seemingly small and, dare I say, trivial. It is those details. Those small details that the Andaz property understands perfectly. Every staff member was unbelievably friendly and genuine. Every drink was mixed perfectly. Every meal tasted like the best we had ever had.
I will always come back to this resort and recommend it to whomever I can. You all created a perfect honeymoon for Ali and I and we are grateful.

Much Love,
Nick and Ali Richey

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nick R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm just finishing up with an 8 night stay at Andaz, Wailea, Maui. I really don't feel like leaving..
I was greeted upon arrival by Michael who it turns out, I only discovered today, is the General Manager. He had not told me during my entire stay and he has been fabulous. So have all of the other team that work to make staying here a great experience.
This hotel has a cool vibe. Most of the servers and staff are young adults. They are happy and vibrant, fresh and seem very happy to work here. Nothing is too much trouble.
The room I have been in faces the main pools. (I've counted 4 pools but there could be more....I found my favorites and stayed at those). My room has it's own grass patch, frangipani trees, hibiscus tress, chairs, deck which are out from large glass doors. The room itself is very calming in natural colours of sand, white with beautiful chunky timber joinery and a day bed to recline on if you feel like some solitude. The bed is super comfortable, the lighting is gorgeous. The bathroom and layout is fantastic. The entire hotel is perfectly clean and spotless.
The resort is easy to navigate and doesn't feel too massive and large. It feels welcoming and personable and natural. Oh, and the lobby is wonderful with a central sand pit!
There are two bars and both are great. The cocktails are wonderful and the food is very fresh, natural and healthy.
I dined at the main restaurant several times and again the food was delicious. I loved the Ceviche.
The beach here is stunning and the beach staff are also really good. Lots of activities, great sun beds. Loads of towels...as many bottles of wear as you need.
This hotel is stunning, natural has a cool, summer vibe.
I'm already planning my next trip.
Thank you Andaz!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank SunnyMelissa
Wailuku
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food and dining experience and the bar service is excellent. Chef Isaac Bancaco did a fantastic job, I have dined there two times and both times were unique and different. Outstanding vision and concept. Johnny and Kevin was on it for waiting the table. Resturant mangager Greg was very knowledgeable about the wines and pairings. A must experience and will dine there again. Food was fresh and each course was a delight!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 808ulu
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were greeted by a great valet staff that wrapped a fresh flower lei around each one of us as we arrived. We were guided toward the check in lobby where we encountered an interactive check in. Our check in was on done on a tablet while we were given a brief tour of the property. We were also provided complimentary sandals and water bottles to keep.

Our room was modern with waterfall shower, large bath tub (can fit two), balcony with an ocean view, automatic draperies, complimentary snacks, and more
There are a couple different pool areas. One designed to be for an adult area (18+) without music and best for reading, Another was a little more of an interactive area with bar nearby, hot tub, and subtle music playing.

This hotel offers some great activities for free and some others for a small fee. We enjoyed the outrigger canoe each morning where we took a casual 45 minute canoe ride to check out the sea turtles. I recommend going on this in the morning. There are several other activities in the morning to get your day going that have little to no cost and are guided by fitness or aquatic professionals.

The only time we ate here was for breakfast and the food and service was amazing. I wouldn't spend this much for breakfast everyday both it was worth it to try it once. Everyone liked everything they ate.

The service at this hotel was second to none. Even though they have only been open a few weeks, the staff was experienced, well-trained, and had great personalities.

I used my two free nights from my Hyatt credit card here and it worked out great. Overall, I would definitely consider staying here again and if price was not an issue I would stay here more often than not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Robbinsdale_Runner
Bay Area Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Fantastic views and great service. I was overly impressed by the level of service and professionalism displayed by all of the employees at the hotel. They've done a great job redoing the old Renaissance -- the rooms are very sleek and modern.

Although the room seems somewhat small, they did a great job utilizing the space and being very creative with the bathroom setup. Everything is "closeted off" in the bathroom, hiding the closet and toilet from view. The shower is a great walk-in shower which is separated from the bedroom area by a glass partition -- you can choose to leave it open or close the sliding doors for more privacy. I was surprised that the glass partition does not extend all the way to the edges, allowing some water to splash out into the bedroom area. Not a problem for me, but I can imagine as the hotel ages that this might cause some problems.

The staff was excellent. I wish I had gotten the name of the valet attendant that helped us when we arrived and also brought out bags down to the car. He was professional, personable and really left an impression on my wife and I. He went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay. The hotel front desk hosts (there actually isn't a front desk here -- just hosts wandering around with iPads to greet and check you in) were also friendly. I traveled with my wife and 2 1/2 year old -- all of the employees treated us with royalty and even greeted us by name. My daughter felt extra special with all of the attention she received.

We were disappointed that Morimoto was not open, and that there was some visible construction by the pool area. The Kaana kitchen was fantastic though. At first, we didn't understand the concept very well, but we ordered several small plates and enjoyed everyone of them. Surprisingly for me, the compressed watermelon turned out to be my favorite -- I don't even like watermelon, but they did a great job with quality and inventive dishes. I loved the farm to table concept. Yes, it was expensive, but it was so good that we returned the next day for breakfast and were wowed again by the buffet table. Yes, it was that good, and the staff from the chefs to servers to bussers went above and beyond to provide a fantastic meal.

I wish we had stayed more than a day -- it was the last day of a 2 week trip and made it a memorable vacation for my wife and I.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ryasuda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!