Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort
$359
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $410/night.

$758
$562
Priceline
$2,295
3,057 results
All reviewska'ana kitchenlavender lemonadelehua loungehour marketmokapu marketka ana kitchenbumbye beach barcascading infinity poolsresort feerain showermorimoto restaurantbeach crewmodern designour honeymoonfour seasonstranquility poolwater bottles
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm just finishing up with an 8 night stay at Andaz, Wailea, Maui. I really don't feel like leaving..
I was greeted upon arrival by Michael who it turns out, I only discovered today, is the General Manager. He had not told me during my entire stay and he has been fabulous. So have all of the other team that work to make staying here a great experience.
This hotel has a cool vibe. Most of the servers and staff are young adults. They are happy and vibrant, fresh and seem very happy to work here. Nothing is too much trouble.
The room I have been in faces the main pools. (I've counted 4 pools but there could be more....I found my favorites and stayed at those). My room has it's own grass patch, frangipani trees, hibiscus tress, chairs, deck which are out from large glass doors. The room itself is very calming in natural colours of sand, white with beautiful chunky timber joinery and a day bed to recline on if you feel like some solitude. The bed is super comfortable, the lighting is gorgeous. The bathroom and layout is fantastic. The entire hotel is perfectly clean and spotless.
The resort is easy to navigate and doesn't feel too massive and large. It feels welcoming and personable and natural. Oh, and the lobby is wonderful with a central sand pit!
There are two bars and both are great. The cocktails are wonderful and the food is very fresh, natural and healthy.
I dined at the main restaurant several times and again the food was delicious. I loved the Ceviche.
The beach here is stunning and the beach staff are also really good. Lots of activities, great sun beds. Loads of towels...as many bottles of wear as you need.
This hotel is stunning, natural has a cool, summer vibe.
I'm already planning my next trip.
Thank you Andaz!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank SunnyMelissa
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food and dining experience and the bar service is excellent. Chef Isaac Bancaco did a fantastic job, I have dined there two times and both times were unique and different. Outstanding vision and concept. Johnny and Kevin was on it for waiting the table. Resturant mangager Greg was very knowledgeable about the wines and pairings. A must experience and will dine there again. Food was fresh and each course was a delight!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 808ulu
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were greeted by a great valet staff that wrapped a fresh flower lei around each one of us as we arrived. We were guided toward the check in lobby where we encountered an interactive check in. Our check in was on done on a tablet while we were given a brief tour of the property. We were also provided complimentary sandals and water bottles to keep.

Our room was modern with waterfall shower, large bath tub (can fit two), balcony with an ocean view, automatic draperies, complimentary snacks, and more
There are a couple different pool areas. One designed to be for an adult area (18+) without music and best for reading, Another was a little more of an interactive area with bar nearby, hot tub, and subtle music playing.

This hotel offers some great activities for free and some others for a small fee. We enjoyed the outrigger canoe each morning where we took a casual 45 minute canoe ride to check out the sea turtles. I recommend going on this in the morning. There are several other activities in the morning to get your day going that have little to no cost and are guided by fitness or aquatic professionals.

The only time we ate here was for breakfast and the food and service was amazing. I wouldn't spend this much for breakfast everyday both it was worth it to try it once. Everyone liked everything they ate.

The service at this hotel was second to none. Even though they have only been open a few weeks, the staff was experienced, well-trained, and had great personalities.

I used my two free nights from my Hyatt credit card here and it worked out great. Overall, I would definitely consider staying here again and if price was not an issue I would stay here more often than not.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ValuGuy
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Fantastic views and great service. I was overly impressed by the level of service and professionalism displayed by all of the employees at the hotel. They've done a great job redoing the old Renaissance -- the rooms are very sleek and modern.

Although the room seems somewhat small, they did a great job utilizing the space and being very creative with the bathroom setup. Everything is "closeted off" in the bathroom, hiding the closet and toilet from view. The shower is a great walk-in shower which is separated from the bedroom area by a glass partition -- you can choose to leave it open or close the sliding doors for more privacy. I was surprised that the glass partition does not extend all the way to the edges, allowing some water to splash out into the bedroom area. Not a problem for me, but I can imagine as the hotel ages that this might cause some problems.

The staff was excellent. I wish I had gotten the name of the valet attendant that helped us when we arrived and also brought out bags down to the car. He was professional, personable and really left an impression on my wife and I. He went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay. The hotel front desk hosts (there actually isn't a front desk here -- just hosts wandering around with iPads to greet and check you in) were also friendly. I traveled with my wife and 2 1/2 year old -- all of the employees treated us with royalty and even greeted us by name. My daughter felt extra special with all of the attention she received.

We were disappointed that Morimoto was not open, and that there was some visible construction by the pool area. The Kaana kitchen was fantastic though. At first, we didn't understand the concept very well, but we ordered several small plates and enjoyed everyone of them. Surprisingly for me, the compressed watermelon turned out to be my favorite -- I don't even like watermelon, but they did a great job with quality and inventive dishes. I loved the farm to table concept. Yes, it was expensive, but it was so good that we returned the next day for breakfast and were wowed again by the buffet table. Yes, it was that good, and the staff from the chefs to servers to bussers went above and beyond to provide a fantastic meal.

I wish we had stayed more than a day -- it was the last day of a 2 week trip and made it a memorable vacation for my wife and I.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ryasuda
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This resort was spectacular. We were so happy that we didn't stay anywhere else. The staff was above all the highlight of the trip. Every single staff member we encountered treated us like we were their best friend. Wonderful conversations and recommendations for the duration of our trip. This is what really sets this place apart from somewhere else. Everything from the way they greet you, check you in, the untraditional Market (snack/lunch/late night snack/gift shop), the design of the room, the staff, the food, the valet, the list goes on, was impressive. Massive sliding glass door in your room with sheer (they also have black out curtains but I don't know why you would want to use those) mechanical curtains allowed us to sleep with the window open which is amazing in Hawaii. The beach staff takes great care of you with complimentary lounge chairs, umbrellas, and towels. The beach in front of this hotel has very fine soft sand, and you can walk out into the ocean without worrying about rocks in the water. The food/drink were pricey but that's to be expected in Hawaii. Some competitors hotels are likely $350 or so a night. This place was $400/night but for what you get, at the Andaz compared to somewhere else, it feels like you're cheating. This resort was pleasantly surprising across the board. The entire hotel is a gem. Highly recommend, I don't think I could stay any where else after staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple