“Loved it.”
Review of Spago

Spago
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Four Seasons Hotel
Transit: Shops of Wailea
Midwest
“Loved it.”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We had dinner here with our 12 year old a few nights ago while staying at the Four Seasons.

Our best meal of the trip! First of all, that view and the general vibe-mellow and elegant and kind of funky too.

The bolognese pasta starter was so simple and fresh and yet so memorable. I had salmon (woops it's hawaii I know. But salmon sounded good) with a delicious miso sauce. My husband had ahi tuna that was spectacular. I also had a beet/goat cheese starter that was delicious.

We loved the 70s music being played! For us, that made the night!

This will be a special evening for sure. Totally worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Arizona
“Slow service”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We dined at Spago with our two tween kids. The server brought their food before our appetizers arrived, and by the time our entrees got to the table, we'd been sitting there for over 65 minutes. It was very good, but the service just didn't cut it.

Mesquite, TX
“Wonderful view, great service and excellent food”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We recently visited Spago for the first time. I had been concerned it was overrated but we had an excellent meal. I have to agree with some reviews that the music definitely seems out of place with the setting and although I liked the music, a change in music would have enhanced the experience.

We did the tasting menu and while I would not do that again, it was nice to get to try so many different things. I feel though it was expensive for what it was, but was delicious.

We will definitely be coming back next year!

Victoria, Canada
“Probably the most expensive restaurant I've ever experienced, but the food, the service and the view are well worth the...”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Probably the most expensive restaurant I've ever experienced, but the food, the service and the view are well worth the price.

1 Thank AllanRNorth Las Vegas
Kansas
“Music ruined dining experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Spago's food was fabulous, as was the service. It is a beautiful restaurant with an amazing view. However, the ambience was spoiled by the the 70's and 80's hard rock music. Led Zepplin and The Eagles are not what I want to hear when I'm dining in this kind of upscale restaurant overlooking the Pacific.

Been to Spago? Share your experiences!