“Food and servers A+” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spago

Spago
Reserve with OpenTable
Spago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Four Seasons Hotel
Transit: Shops of Wailea
Bend, Oregon
“Food and servers A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food, service and views are outstandingl Prices are high end but worth the special treat. To our surprise "sharing" a dinner is allowed and exceptable. Server presented shared courses already split and garnished.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Worth the price for fine dinning and fine service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a treat for a special ocassion for my wife and I in Maui!! Go before sunset and check out the great views of the ocean and 4 seasons resort. We has a first class experience the service was impeccable and they desctibed every ingrediant and how best to eat the dish when it was presented. Great for foodies... best quality ingredients. Our server was outstanding and we were in a bit of a rush so we asked for our server to rush and the food was server fast and well cooked. My wife had the most amazing rib eye aged beef " waygu" from japan. The rarest beef on earth!! The animals were raised organically in a/c rooms and with massage and shipped with letter of authenticity and name of calf. Superb beef prime rib eye cut with 50% fat marbelization content tasted almost like fograis with butter.. Expensive but amazing. I had the Thai curry seafood also a server recommendation very light but wildly flavorful.. I almost wanted to lick the bottom of the bowl it was so good. Maui upcountry tomato dish and Maui Mong fish appetizer complemented the meal. Best fine dining we have seen in Maui if your want to treat your self. Better than the Ritz and fancier than Lahina Grill. Sever told us the food ingredients and the cooks preparation and story of the dishes as well through out the night. What a great experience first class! 5 star.. Prices around $150 per person without drinks.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank k123-foodie
Fort Lauderdale
“Don't miss this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The service is amazing, the food is perfection and the view is to die for. Nicole is an amazing waitress, she was there every time I needed something, her recommendations were perfect. We had a steak for two carved at table side with cheesy mash potatoes. The flavors were amazing and the potatoes had melted fresh mozzarella and garlic into it. Amazing.

Visited April 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Feel like a king or queen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Spago is one of my special places on Maui. It is expensive ($100+/person), but it has a comfortable relaxed atmosphere, a remarkable view, attentive and professional wait staff, and delicious and well presented food. I had the seared ahi, which was not-cooked to perfection -- just a thin sear. My friend had the Wagyu beef on angel hair pasta. Though this is on the appetizer menu, he had it as his entre and it was plenty as well as delicious. I've been visiting Spago at the Four Seasons for years and I am never disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Candy Land
“lively Spago's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

don't you hate it when the plate next to yours is better. you still have to finish knowing you made the wrong choice. straight up go for the ridiculously priced 100% wagyu on the bottom of the menu if its featured. the lava rock fired steak didn't come close and that one wasn't mine either. I did the seared ahi. pleasant as it was I want the wagyu at almost triple the cost. a small slice of luxury some may be offended on the portion.

also grabbing the ahi cones for an appetizer, probably try to make my own rendition on these, they hold fun flavors that I like. the bread シ we had 5 choices. did em all, all were good. winner for me was the Maui onion foccacia. I hate foccacia, I'm using that word to much today. anywho, this foccacia was the second time I fell for it. reminds me of bread pudding. the kalamata olive loaf was a good runner up and the sour dough, hmmm some things just match with butter.

service was fine and never worry about it unless I'm getting none. being a busy Saturday night they didn't seemed rushed so I guess they got the right amount of staff. only problem was my shallow pockets. killer wine list here, coming in a bit toasted we settled on the wine by the glass page with some great choices.

next day the bill inspector called me. overcharged for 5 items !!!!!! at almost a 100 dollars, so i'm picked up for another trip to the lively Spago. quick word with the manager who speedily rectified the issue crediting last nights mis hap and an apology. he then went the extra mile to buy us a few rounds and some desserts. we got to try some cocktails that we would normally not even go for. very pleased with the situation and will be visiting Spago again soon. vibing older rock songs from the 70's and 80's jamming from speakers add to the mood but not overwhelming.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kai_khem

Been to Spago? Share your experiences!