“Okay Food, Uninformed Servers!”
Review of Longhi's Wailea

Longhi's Wailea
Reserve with OpenTable
Longhi's Wailea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wailea Ike
Transit: "The Maui Bus" The bus stops at Wailea Ike Drive and the cross street of Wailea Ike Place. The bus stop is within walking distance to "The Shops at Wailea."
Description: Stunning outdoor Italian restaurant within the fashionable 'Shops of Wailea'. Serving classical and contemporary Italian regional cuisine. Extensive wine list and full bar. Open daily for breakfast,lunch and dinner. Happy Hours 3pm -6pm 'Pau Hana' Happy Hours 9:30pm - 11:30pm daily
Morgan Hill, California
“Okay Food, Uninformed Servers!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was our second visit to Longhi's Wailea. We met friends on this visit and knew of their daily lunch special which is a 1/2 pound angus burger for $8.95.
When we arrived at the restaurant there was no advertised special. When ordering I asked the waiter if the $8.95 burger was being offered that day. He said. "NO, if it was, they would have told me about it." The server admitted he was new, but still didn't feel he should ask if the special was being offered that day.
So, we paid $12 for the burger that we planned to pay $8.95 for. (i know it's only $3.05 savings, but that's the cost of a soda!!!) It is advertised as a "Half pound" but it was closer to 5 or 6 ounces. The burger was just okay. We had to ask for the other half of the bun. There was only half a bun under the burger when it was served.
Our fries arrived 15 minutes after the burger and our friends' sandwich, so we were pretty much done by the time they arrived.
Looking at the "VisitMaui" App, the deal is there clearly stating the $8.95 burger any day of the week between 11:30 and 5:00 up until 2/28/14. Why didn't the server take the time to ask if this offer was valid? He was not a very good server, that's why.
I think the restaurant was taking advantage of a rainy day and decided not to make this offer public. But, if someone knows about the offer they should honor it.
Food was just okay. Service was less than okay.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing breakfast!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a fabulous lunch at their sister restaurant in Lahaina. Read the reviews for the Wailea branch and decided to go for breakfast.
It was very disappointing. Luke warm, weak cappuccino, massive too sweet cinnamon bun, very ordinary hawaiian pancakes, and very scant serving of salmon with the bagel. The atmosphere was ok but you are looking onto the back of a resort not the ocean. I would not go back.

• Visited January 2014
Ballwin, Missouri
“average food with above average prices”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I must confess at the beginning that everyone else in our party liked this place more than I did. I shared a duck sandwich and a salad with my wife and the duck to my taste was average at best. I thought the prices here were very high even by Hawaii standards. The salad was fine but for the price charged it needed to be sensational and it wasn't. Quite simply, this is a really expensive place where to my taste the food falls far short of being worth the prices being charged. High prices or not, the others in my party loved their dessert. I didn't have one because I didn't want to run up the bill any higher than it already was. The atmosphere of the place, however, was super. The service was great. This is one of those situations where there is a disconnect between the service, the ambiance, and the decor on the one hand and the food on the other. The food just doesn't match up to the quality of the rest of the place. When I say prices are high, if one is not careful, it would be easy to spend $100 for two for lunch here. We tried to stick with their lower priced options--it's possible their higher priced offerings are a lot better, but I'm not inclined to take that chance based on the experience I had.

• Visited February 2013
“Average Italian food”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The service was great here and I liked the atmosphere. It had a fun feel to it -- very spread out. We had salads, which were decent, but very mediocre pasta. I wouldn't rush there for the pasta, but it's not too expensive and it's ok for a family.

Visited January 2014
Kihei, Hawaii
“Good for breakfast!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went with 2 friends for breakfast and had a nice time as always. Our server felt the need to share with us that she usually works nights, and was tired and so had a hard time remembering our order, but it all came out fine. The quiche of the day was great - and came out hot, not luke warm like at some places - great job! Tiny thing, but I still wish the Longhi's would consider bringing out 1 portion of each jam they have for toast, instead of asking each person their preferred one, and leaving it at that.

Visited January 2014