“Disappointed”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't blown away by how great the spa was. I have been to much nice day spas in Australia and overseas. And which are much cheaper. The best thing is the locker rooms and the steam room.

I spent a considerable amount of money on 3 & 1/2 hrs of treatments at the spa. I had the Hawaiian wrap with Vichy shower. I cannot complain about this at all. The therapist was great and it was very relaxing. I then had a new facial they offered the oxygen hydra facial. I had an extreme allergic reaction to the products they used. Never having a reaction ever before I was very shocked and confused. While I fully understand that this is not the spas fault I did go and speak to them about my reaction, just to confirm it wasn't something else. They tried to convince me that it could be sunburn however upon looking at my skin under the microscope there was an allergy.
My skin was bright red, itchy with lumps-absolutely disgusting. It couldn't even be covered with makeup.
The spa tried to put noni (?) on it but it made my face sting. They were unable to offer anything for me at all.
My main complaint with the spa is that I was at the spa for still 4 more nights after the treatment and not once did the spa call our room to check how my face was.
It ended up taking a whole week for the reaction to go away and my skin to be back to normal again. I wouldn't return here.

4 Thank sparklysuz

Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“E ola Hou Hawaiin Healing Wrap”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

In December I experienced the most amazing signature spa treatment at the Four Season Spa. My two hour treatment commenced with a pineapple papaya polish, Hawaiin noni gel, warm Ti leave wrap, warm coconut hair treatment, heated stone face massage, vichy shower and finished with a full body massage. Two hours of total bliss, with choice of music and type of massage. I also spent a short time in the eucalyptus steam room prior to my treatment. Such a beautiful, calming and relaxing place, it was very hard to leave. A birthday gift I will never forget.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank KimTravel62
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“I'm in heaven in paradise”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My experience at the Four Seasons Spa was phenomenal.
I chose this spa because the front line person (Kristen) who booked the treatments for me was so accommodating.
From the moment i entered and was taken to the locker room and eucalyptus steam room to the lounge area to wait for my attendant - Nadine - , the feeling was one of serenity. The house made cold ginger drink was very refreshing and the seating lounge area very relaxing. Then I was transported. I began with a coconut and lemongrass sugar scrub exfoliation followed by a Vichy shower. Totally invigorating and relaxing at the same time.
This was followed by a Lomi Lomi/swedish massage combo (also with the coconut and lemon grass oils. It was fantastic!! An hour and a half of absolute bliss. I then relaxed in the lounge and drank more of the delicious ginger drink. The therapist Nadine who performed the exfoliation and massage was amazing.
I came out of the spa feeling like I was walking on Cloud 9. - My skin was unbelievable soft, I was relaxed and happy.
What a way to end my vacation in Maui.
I cannot wait to come back here again. It is expensive but worth every penny.
Sandra G.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jesse G
New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“seven stars!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We indulged ourselves with a coupes instructional massage at one the beachside huts. Rahima, our masseuse was absolutely phenomenal. Additional perks of this service include a “surprise” chocolate fondue set up in your room when you get back as well as bath salts and candles set up by the staff.

A bit on the pricey side, but the session lasts about 2 hours and it was worth every penny.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank B M
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was ok!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had a migraine headache, went to relieve myself from the pain, but ened up in a room with loud music and not so considerate Masseur. Though It was a wee bit relaxing and i loved the Ginger Blast tea they serve.

Visited October 2012