My husband and I stayed at the Grand Champions in October 2005 (Unit 070) and had planned our stay several months in advance. We rented directly from the owners, and got an email just 5 days before we were to leave from the wife stating she had just been at the unit and there was "a little construction going on". I responded that I was concerned about that and how much? "Oh not much, it shouldn't be too much of a problem". With 5 days notice, there wasn't much that could be done so we hoped that it wasn't too bad and left for our trip. We were dismayed upon our arrival to find a huge excavation/construction project with at least 8 pieces of heavy equipment operating at the golf course directly across from the condo. It was so loud we couldn't enjoy sitting on the lanai or being at the condo or the pool during the day. We contacted the owners who said that our only recourse was to try to find somewhere else to stay and that they didn't think they could even give us a discount. Much to our dismay, there was nowhere else to stay in the Wailea area and when we told the owner that he was extremely condescending and said he never would have rented the condo if he had known it would be "such a hassle" and he found it "hard to believe" we couldn't find another place to rent. Well we never would have rented it if we had known there was noisy construction!! They finally agreed to one and half nights free (out of 7!). We literally had to vacate the condo every day because of the noise and could not believe the poor customer service and attitude of the owners who acted as though we were making it up. We are frequent Maui visitors and will never stay here again - this was certainly no "gem". Normally I try to be pretty understanding of other people's situations and if they treated us a little more graciously I wouldn't be so perturbed - but the attitude of the owner was truly unbelievable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Wailea golf resort with a country club feel is centered on 11 acres, amid the 18-hole Wailea Blue Golf Course. Select from garden or ocean view suites or golf front villas along the 6th, 7th and 8th holes, with ultimate views of well maintained fairways and sun-drenched strokes. Within this country club condo resort, you'll also find the world-class Wailea Tennis Center and stadium. The resort features two pools, two whirlpool spas and barbecue grills; and is located near The Shops at Wailea and popular Mokapu and Ulua beaches. Each 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, living/dining room area, private lanai and en-suite washer/dryer. Amenities include in resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wailea Grand Champions Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Maui