We stayed for 5 days in the Wailea Grand Champions unit #61 and found it to be perfect in every aspect. The unit is at ground level backs the pool so it is not noisy but convenient to the hot tub and pool area. There is a vast master suite with a King bed and a double walk in shower room, as well as a bathroom ensuite for the other bedroom. I stayed here with my two daughters and we found it a wonderful place to relax after going to the beaches in the south or whale watching. It is not on the ocean, and although you can perceive the ocean, it is about
half a mile away. This didn't bother us at all and every evening we went down to the Ulua beach to watch the sunset.
This unit has been very well renovated and I was quite surprised by some of the other reviews,obviously not all the units are in this pristine condition, so check before you book.
We used http://www.beautifulmauivacationrentals.com/ to book and Kathleen was attentive and very responsive, unfortunately we couldn't spend all our time there because it was booked, but it was so much better than the other rental we had on the West shore, we will certainly come back here as soon as we can.
Everything we needed was provided for, all you need to do is stop in Paia on the way from the airport to buy fresh fruit and vegetables. Other possible shopping areas are in Kihei, Wailea itself does not have any good grocery stores and the restaurants are very pricey, but Kihei has wonderful food and Tripadvisor is your friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Wailea golf resort with a country club feel is centered on 11 acres, amid the 18-hole Wailea Blue Golf Course. Select from garden or ocean view suites or golf front villas along the 6th, 7th and 8th holes, with ultimate views of well maintained fairways and sun-drenched strokes. Within this country club condo resort, you'll also find the world-class Wailea Tennis Center and stadium. The resort features two pools, two whirlpool spas and barbecue grills; and is located near The Shops at Wailea and popular Mokapu and Ulua beaches. Each 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, living/dining room area, private lanai and en-suite washer/dryer. Amenities include in resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wailea Grand Champions Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Maui