We stayed at Wailea Ekolu #1406 for 9 nights from April 1-10, 2013. The condo was nice, but at the same time there are several areas that need improvement. Below I have lined out the aspects that I liked/enjoyed and the aspects that I think need improvement.
-The owner is lovely and easy to work with
-The management company is very accommodating and quick to address issues
-Great location in Wailea, convenient to dining, shopping and beautiful beaches
-The grounds are very nice and well-maintained
-The condo floor plan is functional, spacious and flows well
-View of the ocean from the lanai was lovely
-Convenient parking without having views of parking lots
-The pools are very nice and were heated to a comfortable temperature
(Of course I acknowledge that some of the issues below are not the fault of the owners.)
-The grounds did not have gas grills, only charcoal
-No hot tub
-The condo unit was not as clean as I would have hoped, it needs a thorough, deep clean.
-The furniture looked dingy and worn
-The carpet in the bedrooms was stained and looked old
-The internet connection was spotty, we connectivity about 30% of our time at the condo
-Very few kids (although this could be a plus for some vacationers) We traveled with our 5 year old daughter and she was constantly looking for a playmate. The people staying at Ekolu while we were there were older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the slopes of Haleakala with incredible vistas of the Pacific Ocean, Molokini crater and the neighboring islands of Lana'i and Kahoolawe, this condo resort has an ideal location at the gateway to Wailea. Set among the plush Wailea beach resorts, with easy escape to discover and explore the island of Maui and perched amid an 18-acre tropical garden paradise with 2 pools, recreation pavilion and barbecue grills, it's just a tee shot away from the Wailea Blue Golf Course. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, private lanai, living/dining area and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wailea Ekolu Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Ekolu Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Ekolu Village Resort Maui