Just returned from our first trip to Maui. The condo was fabulous. Everything you needed in the room was there, just like at home. We just loved it there. Our unit was 12C (if you are at 12c be sure to say hi to the black and white cat that lives around there. Very cute and affectionate.)
I like to put both the good and the bad in my reviews. So here goes.
The great stuff! Room was very clean, lots of space, washer/dryer was great to have; close to shops & restaurants (make sure you use the coupons you get for the restaurants), the beach is amazing (nicest one I have ever seen); pool areas was very nice with a fridge to store some drinks and food if you planned on staying by the pool for a while; there were books you could read at the pool area and in our room (kind of a give a book take a book idea); snorkeling right at that beach was nice, staff was incredibly helpful and polite; they let us stay at pool after check out so we had somewhere to be before our flight.
Areas they could improve on. The pull out couch in our unit was not even worth having in the room (not that we needed to pull out the bed of it;, it was horrible to sit on and old, really needs to go to the trash; wash the top of the fridges in the pool area (yikes were they dirty on top, clean everywhere else though); the pool furniture and our deck furniture I think are only sprayed off for cleaning, they could use a good wipe down more often, not just the spray.
I am usually pretty picky about places I stay and I would highly recommend staying there. We plan to go back again. I would however check the site map and maybe pick a unit closer to the pool/beach, it was a bit of a walk from 12C (though we love the black & white cat there.. again, future visitors please take good care of her!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Maui family friendly condo resort with low-rise buildings span 34 acres of tropical landscaping and terraces down to popular Keawakapu Beach, a sandy beach with gentle surf and great snorkeling. Abundant resort amenities include four swimming pools, paddle tennis, shuffleboard, barbecue grills and a beachfront pavilion making this the perfect place for family and friends to hang out and hang loose. Each studio, 1- and 2-bedroom suite is equipped with a full kitchen, separate living room/dining area, private lanai or patio with outdoor BBQ grill and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wailea Ekahi Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Ekahi Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Ekahi Village Maui