1,315 results
All reviews our honeymoon highly recommend hotel chose hotel aerial yoga mercedes suv car service nespresso machine pool area mixology class small kitchen fire pit romantic getaway top notch ocean view private lanai the hotel offers open air
Reviewed July 13, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for our first trip to Maui and couldn’t be happier. The suites are spacious and luxurious. All of them have a lanai to enjoy a quiet morning and sunset in the evenings. We enjoyed the open air workout space with the most incredible view of the island. If that doesn’t motivate you to get your sweat on, I don’t know what will! The pool space/area is cozy and service is always on top of it. We participated in the complimentary Friday cocktail hour event before our dinner at the restaurant. That was very enjoyable with live entertainment and complimentary beer/wine and small plates. The dinner was first class and probably our favorite “event” overall. The food was outstanding and views were incredible. Probably one of the best aspects of the hotel is that there is a view pretty much everywhere you turn since it is perched up on a high hill in Wailea. With the bell stand available 24/7 to take you places in the hotel’s Tesla around Wailea, that makes everything VERY convenient.
We hope to return someday! Definitely worth it!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank PanhandleTraveler84
Reviewed July 10, 2018

My wife and I were celebrating 50 years of marriage and I tried to select the best possible hotel for this occasion. I evidently missed something in the description of the location of the hotel. I realized we were not on the beach but was not prepared for the hillside location. We both have some mobility issues and the steps and hilly paths are a challenge for those of us over 75. The bell staff was very good about giving us a lift up the hill. The "younger us" would not have had any issue. Take nothing away from this outstanding hotel. Everything about it is first class. It just was probably not our best choice this time. Quiet, and no kids a big plus.

Room tip: Ocean view may not be needed to enjoy your stay.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank delawhereNewCastle
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Great boutique hotel for adults only. Located about one mile from the beach. Free shuttle service in Teslas is available by the hotel for short trips to beach, restaurants, etc.. Beach chairs, towels, bottled water and umbrellas are available at the beach for hotel guests. Great pool with bar. Shout out to James and the ladies who served up great drinks and food at pool bar. Thank you! Rooms are spacious one bedroom, with large bathroom, kitchen and sitting are along with balcony. One restaurant is on site beside the pool side kitchen. Overall great little hotel, with great staff and service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank pmny
Reviewed July 6, 2018

My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at this beautiful resort. From the pre-emails where I set up a few surprises for my wife of 35 years to the check out all was accommodated. The lobby offers a panoramic view of the ocean and a great place to view sunsets! The managers reception on Friday with live music was special —-wish the live music was around for more than one day a week though. We used their Tesla service every day. The beach service was PERFECT! You are driven to the beach 2 minute drive and arrive to have someone set you up a lounge chair, umbrella, towels and waters all day—AWESOME!! The beach also perfect accept for the Cruise ship days which got VERY crowded. Snorkeling everyday and saw many many fish as well as sea turtles each day. Back to the resort pool every afternoon for quiet relaxing splash and cocktail. We also love that this is an adult only resort. Never stayed at a quieter more relaxing property so if that is what you are seeking this is IT.. Food and service at the bar, restaurant and pool were exceptional. Be warned that the prices for food and beverage are not for the faint of heart ex: $30 corkage fee and $18 cocktails are the norm. We went into the village via Tesla and had lunch and bought a few drinks from the gourmet kitchen near ABC. The entire stay exceeded expectations

Room tip: Room 184 has a very large tree that blocks your sunset view so we went to the lobby
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank stetaylo
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and had researched many different hotels before deciding on Hotel Wailea. My husband booked a premium ocean view room so I was surprised to find our room on the second row, so our room overlooked the roofs of the rooms below us. Not a huge deal, but not what I would call a premium ocean view. The room was beautiful but room service was sometimes spotty, but always corrected when we asked. The front desk staff wasn't as good as I expected for a 5-star hotel. One afternoon we asked for help in making dinner reservations and asked for recommendations for sushi restaurants. Recommendations were made and we asked if they could make reservations for us at any of the locations recommended but we were told that either the restaurant was currently open or we would never be able to get reservations. We stated that we were staying for 10 nights so any night would do, but we were just told we would never get reservations, with no offer to call to see about booking another night or any offer of help of any kind. We found this extremely disappointing. There were multiple mornings the front desk staff greated us warmly, however, there were at least two days a young lady with dark hair never once looked up from her computer to acknowledge us. We walked past her numerous times and we were never acknowledged. The person arranging flowers acknowledged is, but we felt the treatment from the front desk person was extremely rude and unprofessional. The valet staff was very good and extremely personable. There were a couple of times there was no one there to retrieve our car and we had to wait, but they always eventually came running up, so I figured maybe the hotel was just short staffed or they were busy taking luggage to a room. Their cheery disposition made up for the wait. Also, we used them multiple times to drive us to the beach and they were always great. We also had them pick us up many times after dinner down on Wailea beach and we never had to wait more than 10 minutes. We had dinner at the hotel once, we thought it was pretty good, just not great. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained and it is a very peaceful, serene setting. The pool area is very nice. We were able to get a cabana one day and it was heaven. The pool staff were absolutely fantastic; very friendly, responsive and helpful. We got food to go one day and took it back to our room and it was one of our best meals! The pool itself is a little small but it serves its purpose. Our room was large and well appointed. I enjoyed the large, open shower. The tub was large and beautiful. The bed was comfortable and we quickly got spoiled with the cookies that were left each evening. The bedroom window was strangly too small. We loved sitting on our balcony every night. The hotel has a beautiful open-area lobby; very peaceful and lovely. They put out coffee every morning at 0700, which was nice, but a little earlier would be nicer for those getting an early start to their day. I appreciated the personal note from the manager left in our room along with the chocolate covered strawberries, however, they must have been put out many hours earlier because they were very warm and melty when we checked in, but still a nice touch. As many have pointed out, the hotel is not on the beach, which has its pros and cons. My husband and I walked down to the beach multiple times and walked back. Not a big deal, but just be aware that the walk back is all uphill, which we didn't mind because we enjoyed the exercise. I did initially miss the beach, but the beaches were very busy and often noisy, so I grew to appreciate Hotel Wailea's serene setting. Overall, there were a few misses, but other than the few misses, we enjoyed our time at Hotel Wailea, but we both felt that we would try another resort for our next visit.

Date of stay: June 2018