“Luau in the Rain”
Review of Te Au Moana Luau

Te Au Moana Luau
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Wonderful food and atmosphere. Greeted with a flower Lei. Unfortunately it started to rain, but they were prepared with Ponchos for everyone. I wish the food had been covered because I would have gone for seconds but everything got wet. The dancers and fire dancers were incredible!

There are newer reviews for Te Au Moana Luau

Reviewed August 27, 2014

The show was good, the food was so-so. We paid extra for seating in the first 2 rows and it was worth it with 2 small children. It's something we thought we would do once but if we come back to Maui, it's nothing we're planning on doing.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

A luau is a tourist trap but worth doing. The reason for the low stars was the fact the tiki carver was not there after we were promissed he would be there. We still do this one everytime we visit

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Fabulous luau, great food - the dancing and music have a real Tahitian feel and sound but absolutely spectacular! A great choice, especially if you've been to a few Hawaiian luaus.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was my first luau and I was not disappointed. The setting was great, with the ocean in the background & the sunset as the evening progressed. We arrived a bit early so we could get our choice of seating. It was rather hot so we claimed a table that was in the shade. There were several tables set up with various crafts for sale. It was interesting enough, but we didn't come across anything we "had to have." The festivities started with the opening of the bar, shortly followed by music and the unveiling of "the pig." They had a photographer taking posed pictures with the beautiful Pacific in the background. The pictures were nice, but I thought $20 for one photo was a bit unreasonable. We attended another luau on Oahu later in the week that served us with styrofoam plates & plastic utensils, but here we had much nicer wooden trays. The food was actually quite good and there was plenty of it. I didn't save room for dessert but ate some anyway. The show was very entertaining with good music, a good story & good dancing. It was actually about what I expected, but I was not disappointed. There was a lot of foot traffic due to people getting up a lot during the show, so perhaps a table a bit closer to the stage would have been a better choice (once the sun was down). Glad we went & I left with no regrets.

2  Thank Damon T