“Great salads and fish”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great salads, pizza and fish. The coconut cream and banana cream pies topped off a great meal. Lively atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,635)

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I spent a couple of relaxed days on Maui in mid-May after a conference in Waikiki. I ate dinner a couple of nights at the resort, but wanted a change of pace on my last night. I gave Monkeypod a try and loved it. Great service, great food, and (at least during my visit) great live entertainment.

Monkeypod is very convenient if you're staying in one of the resorts in Wailea. It does seem busy, so if you have a large party, you might want to make reservations. (I sat at the "bar" looking into the kitchen and was perfectly happy there.)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Monkeypod smells delicious when you drive by, which is what brought us in. The restaurant is clean, if a little lacking in character. The live music helps liven things up. Service was very good, as was the organic mac nut crusted mahi mahi. The woodfired (we got the "Prolitarian" variety) smelled and looked great, but was only average in taste. It was our least favorite pizza on the island, and we had pizza several times. Monkeypod isn't bad, but it's certainly not a must-dine experience. If you go, try hitting it up during happy hour when they have some great specials.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was fun to go to. My husband ordered the fish curry stew. This dish was hearty, flavourful, and well balanced. However, I ordered the noodle bowl with vegetables, unfortunately there were no vegetables. This dish was filled with all noodles and a bit of tofu. It was very disappointing in contrast to my husband's dish. I would have given this restaurant a higher rating; however, when you order a vegetable dish it should come with vegetables.

1  Thank Mrs Q
Reviewed May 29, 2014

After trying to be seated at Joe's just down the road and being so rudely turned away we were in a panic to find somewhere still open that served dinner. I had heard that this place wasn't that great, but it was either this or the Pita place next door. We decided to give this a try as the crowd was young and seemed fun. We were delighted to find out that it was late night happy hour! My husband had been wanting a nice steak so he ordered the filet steak. He always orders his steak charred medium rare and no one can really cook it property. It actually came out pretty close and had wonderful flavor and lots of sides with it. We were amazed at the price for all of it too! The potatoes were DELICIOUS and we wish they served them for breakfast. We were both glad there were plenty to share as I kept picking off his dish. I ordered the hamakua wild mushroom wood fired pizza. It was also very good and perfect for what I was craving. Even better though the was pizza was half price! We were pleasantly surprised due to all the bad reviews. I would come back here again especially because of their late night hours since nothing else seems to stay open late.

Been to Monkeypod Kitchen? Share your experiences!