“nice variety on the menu”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Everyone ordered appy's to share and drinks all round. I liked the live music the night we were there, and I had a memorable taste experience, having the smoked taro root humus. A MUST to try!! It was fabulous, I will remember it until next time!! Worth the drive out that way, just to see the gorgeous homes on the waterfront properties.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,635)

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I looked online for a place near our hotel that was a reasonable price and great food. Well we found it at this place! It was jut our kind of place. My husband had the keyhoe spicy Thai fish stew and loved it. I has the fish taco. And our server was able to recommend some great local beer. I would definitely recommend this to any of my family or friends

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We go to Maui every year. Last year this was our favorite restuarant. This year, it lost its edge...we only went one time. The prices of the food went up and the quality of the food went down. Still a nice place, but there are better ones in the area.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Save room for dessert ! This is an excellent recommendation for anyone ! Great food, great service...fun bar...the entire experience was exceptional. Recommend a reservation as this place is always busy. If you are staying in Wailea, put The Pod on your list.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I dined here for the third time in a year. This visit was as good as the first two! Courteous hostess staff, on time reservation, friendly waiter, killer Mai Tai and best of all consistently great food. Monkey pod has a great and busy vibe. One tip is ask NOT to sit in bar area....Otherwise the meal was terrific. We shared a pizza Margarita then I had the fresh fish burger and my wife had a salad. All first rate, all consistently great!