“Monkey”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
San Jose, California
“Monkey”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Monkeypod is on the secondfloor of an outdoor mall. We had lunch here. I had the fish sandwich and it was pretty good. My wife had salad. My son had the king kong cheeseburger which he enjoyed and my daughter enjoyed the pasta. Overall a good place for a family meal.

Visited June 2012

San Diego, California
“Great food and atmosphere !”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I would not go out of my way to eat here, but if you are staying close by it is a must! Great bar , easy and relaxed. It's not a romantic night out , it's more of a bar and grill feel and located in a strip mall. Kids no problem. It's upscale enough though at night to still make it a very nice evening out. Great job , wish we had a monkey pod in San Diego!

• Visited May 2013
San Jose
“Truffle Fries and the best Mai Tai ever!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The best fries ever!!! You can't stop eating them! And Mai Tai with Lilikoi foam was superb. Service is fast. It is a busy little place. Fish entree was OK. I wish I got a personal pizza instead.

• Visited April 2013
Tokyo
“Not monkey business at Monkeypod”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Very good dinner here today (May 16, 2013) and solid service. I suggest that you reserve, especially if you're opting for outside seating. Hey, it's Hawaii, you do want to sit outside, right? And, you can reserve by calling or online through OpenTable. Inside seating may be a bit noisy with the crowd and the band. And, yep, the bar area is very crowded thanks to their two happy hours each night.

They call the pizzas personal size, but one served four of us well as an appetizer, along with the goat cheese stuffed jalapeños, and a plate of the pumpkin ravioli. Plenty of appetizers for our group.

I had one of the burgers - great choice of Maui beef and umami mushrooms. For one of our other mains they were nice folks and substituted the pulled pork for the bulgogi pork in the tacos.

We topped it off with a shared piece of their four inch high coconut cream pie. Oh yeah!

The cocktails were also excellent as we're the beers I chose from their very extensive beer menu.

Go ahead, get yourself on over there and enjoy!

Visited May 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Overall good experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had to wait about 1/2 hr for a table-we went to the bar for a drink while we waited. Bar was busy for only 2 bartenders so service was slow but the speciality drinks were good. The Mai Tai is worth trying-unique with the pineapple foam on top and strong! My husband and I shared their grilled wings which were fabulous. The best part of the meal. Our drinks that we ordered at the table didn't come until our main entrees came out and we had to ask about them. My husband ordered the fish sandwich which was great and I had the fish tacos. I have had much better. Overall the atomsphere was great and our server was ok-maybe she was having an off night. In all, I would dine here again.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Monkeypod Kitchen? Share your experiences!