“Keep This One In Mind”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although we visit Maui each year, we had never been to this restaurant until now. On a recommendation from a friend, we took the whole family out early in the trip. This one will now be an annual visit. Perhaps the location, while visiting an island, is not particularly exotic but the food was excellent. Sort of an everything menu (burgers, steaks, chicken, seafood) - think of it as a Maui version of your mainstream favourite restaurant at home. If the Denny's in Kihei is getting a wee bit tired and you are ready to step up (way up food wise) to something a bit more local, give it a try. The prices, compared at least to the Wailea hotel restaurants, are decent. The food is locally sourced, which means somewhat different but very fresh versions of your favourites (the chicken wings may not be the heartburn inducing oddities you are used to). The burgers were very good for the boys even with the less than familiar toppings. The seafood dishes were wonderful, very close to as good as any in the area. And do not forget to save a bit of room for the pie - I am a sucker for a good coconut cream pie.

There are newer reviews for Monkeypod Kitchen

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We ate here based on the reviews. My filet was delicious $25, my husband's fish was just okay $21. The atmosphere is loud as other's have reported, but nothing crazy...

We waited 45 minutes even though we had a reservation but there are plenty of other tourists to talk to while waiting.

Worth eating at if you have kids who are loud, they won't be noticed....

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I went there On Valentine's day.
Food was very delicious!!!!!!
But I know because of the Valentina's day... Service was not excellent... And it was too noisy... Also even tho we made a reservation, we waited 1hour to get a table.
I recommend you to call there and make a reservation. Not.
Reservations are a joke.
There service is the worse on Maui. I've never had every waiter/waitress/bartender but I've been there a couple of time for THE FOOD! If your not worth a million dollars don't expect to be treated normal, the waiter/waitress really are horrible. Good luck. Note: not all of the staff is horrible, I hope. But every time me and friends been there its been the worst experience. 138.00 bill I left 1.00 that is how bad and I'm a good tipper.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Enjoyed our meal here. Not a posh place but really good service and food. The cocktails were first class as was the beer selection.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Monkeypod was recommended by my hotel. I was not disappointed.

The food, drinks and service were fantastic. I like the fact that much of the food was locally produced. I had Ahi that had to be the best I ever had. And the coconut cream pie for dessert was a great ending.

I sat outside as sunset approached. The view was fantastic.

Definitely worth the money.