“Good food and good atmosphere”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I wen to the Monkeypod kitchen on our last night in Maui. We made reservations for 5:30pm and were lucky to get as table on the deck with a view of the ocean. It was during their Happy Hour from 5pm-6pm. Half price appitizers and discounted beer, wine and well. We had the garlic fries appitezer, if you don't like garlic don't get them, but we do. They were tasty and best of all nice and crispy. I had Pete's Burger which was outstanding, cooked to perfection. My wife had the Fresh Island Fish burger and she said it was great, nice and moist and flakey. Next time we're in Maui, we will go there again.

1  Thank vegasbaby1957

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm so happy that Monkeypod is right up the street from where we stay on Maui. We go often and recently brought a group of visitors there. We had some a-m-a-zing Onaga with poached lobster that melts in your mouth. The tara potatoes were also a kit. I asked for a simple house salad and it was one of my favorites on the island. Kula greens, Kula tomato and Maui onion with a simple dressing was a perfect side to my dinner. I'm always too full to try dessert, but one of these days, I'm going to try the strawberry pie - it looks divene! The lilikoi martini was extremely refreshing so I had 2! They have live music all the time and the atmosphere for both lunch and dinner was very relaxing and inviting. Go now!

2  Thank ericamcarr
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We are changing our dinner plans for later this week, to return for another dinner at Monkeypod. Easley the best casual dining in Wailea! The pumpkin patch ravioli was rich with butter and baby spinach... An unexpected and wonderful appetizer combination. The fish tacos were well balanced with tender seasoned fish, red chili sauce and avocado. The only way to make Pete's classic burger better was to add baccon- what isn't better with bacon?!?! The topper was the choclate, peanut and salted Carmel pie. Wow that was good! Kudos to Shay our server. She made great suggestions and helped us experience some of the best of the menu that night. And yes... We are breaking our one visit rule. Well be back on this visit to Maui to explore the menu again.

1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We liked the gnocchi, the seared tuna (ahi), the home made ravioli and the huge range of tap beers. This place is well worth visiting.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Based on Trip Advisor reviews we decided to try this place. I had made reservations but when we arrived we really did not need them. It was busy but not packed. We asked to be seated outside and it was lovely. Service was prompt and friendly and our drinks were brought right away. We decided to try the spinach and quinoa salad, I did not like it at all but my husband thought it was interesting. We both ordered the tempura fish and chips. Absolutely outstanding! The fish was moist and fresh, I am not a fan of deep fried fish but the batter was fairly light and not overpowering, but the fries, oh the fries...they were delicious! Tasted homemade and lightly seasoned. Also, the aioli for the fish/fries was very tasty too.
We ordered their strawberry cream pie to share for dessert and it was the very best I have ever had. We will be going back before we leave the island to take out another piece of pie. Dinner for the two of us with soft drinks was $75.00, not cheap but standard for Hawaii, as we have found.

Been to Monkeypod Kitchen? Share your experiences!