“Good service, good food. No hard compaints.”

Molokini Bar & Grille
Ranked #33 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Fusion, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Molokini Bar & Grille, located at Makena Beach & Golf Resort, is a premier dining experience offering inspired island cuisine at an unmatched value. Under the direction of Chef De Cuisine Kurt Lemeries, the menu takes a non-traditional approach to American comfort food, infusing fresh local ingredients, combining elements of Hawaii regional cuisine and presenting new taste profiles that will both surprise and satisfy. Selections include its popular Cilantro and Macadamia Nut Crusted MahiMahi or the famed Crispy Molokai Potato Wrapped Lobster Salad. Featuring nightly live entertainment, take advantage of the restaurant's happy hour specials, nightly special menus, like Lobster Fest on Tuesdays and Thursday, or famed Sunday Brunch.
Los Angeles, California
“Good service, good food. No hard compaints.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I had been staying at the Makena Resort for 9 days until discovering this restaurant right in our hotel. It was our last night and did not want to go far so we ate here. The service was good, the food was good, but it isn't someplace I would go our of my way for. The mac and cheese appetizer was the best part of the meal. I had the 1/2 chicken and it was basically just chicken adobo. I could make better at home. I'm giving it three stars since I don't have any actual complaints. I just wasn't super impressed by the food. However, I do highly recommend the Sunday brunch held here Sunday mornings 9:30 am-12:30pm.

1 Thank Amanda M

• Korean first
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
“Beautiful restaurant, decent view of ocean, good food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I went here while staying in Kihei. We made reservations two days in advance expecting the place to be busy when we arrived. When we got there for a 6:30 reservation, the place was empty, which had us a bit worried about the quality of the food or service. Turned out both were great. The food was tasty and certainly did not disappoint. We ordered the mahi mahi, pineapple & bacon pizza, and pork fries appetizers. The only disappointment was that I was thinking we were going to have a table with a great ocean view (especially with a reservation for 2 made over 48 hours in advance), but instead we got a table with an "okay" view from the side of the restaurant not directly facing the ocean.

Vancouver, Canada
“If comedy is your goal this may be for you.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went for lobster special dinner. Hostess was indifferent verging on rude (in an empty restaurant not a good start). Waiter sweet but not always on the ball. The kids chicken meal was horrid, fish meal pretty good. Our ceasar salads cafeteria quality, the lobster (not real lobster in my book, but I am biased) was actually pretty good though the other elements on the plate were tasty but truly unappetizing in appearance. Creme brule dessert also good.

The real problem is this - you feel like you are on a cruise ship, certainly not in a fine dining environment. This old guy sludged past our table non-stop hauling plastic crates of glasses/empty crates throughout the meal. It started off weird but after a while it became truly giggle worthy.

So if you are up for an over-priced average meal with very bad ambience this is the place for you.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank LovestoBandB
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Blah”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The food was very bland, and the service was far from attentive. So many great resturants on the island, skip this one.

1 Thank Crystal R
Brisbane, Australia
“Great service & food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Good deal...eat between 5:30 & 6:30 & get one entree free! Fast & friendly service. Dessert was amazing!

Visited October 2013