“Good food with nice sunset”

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Ranked #15 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner with friends there and if you have a table facing towards the sea, you might be able to see a lovely sunset. The service was good, the food was excellent: I had the Mahi-Mahi and a fantastic desert with macademia nut ice cream. The desert was so big, I had to share it with my friends. What a joy for all of us! Overall we enjoyed a nice evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We dined at this restaurant whilst staying at the Marriott in Early Feb 2014.

Whilst not cheap, the food could not be faulted, the service was attentive without being over the top, and overall, when we are next back in Maui, I wouldn't hesitate to dine here again.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had reservations but the table was not ready. There is really no much waiting area space other than the bar. Our expensive meal was very average or below. The scallops were under cooked to the point of being almost raw. All sauces were on the sweet side. The macadamia coating on the mahi was sweet and extremely thick--not to my liking. The service was good but the whole place looked like it needed some rehab/redecorating. There was also a foul smell from the fish pond towards the back of the restaurant. Might be because we saw employees throwing leftover food to the fish. I would not go back or recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank nchar
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had dinner there with my husband and two friends. The waiter had no interest in explaining the menu to us at all, he almost mumbled the menu and was off as fast as he could. I had the Seared Day Boat Scallops for starters, the potato cake was dark brown and the scallop overcooked. And then i had the Crispy Hawaiian Snapper, it was ok but the fish was dry! Fish is not supposed to be dry. Can not recommend this place. Was waste of money I am very sorry to say cause I had great expectations to this place.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Location is awesome especially dinner. The restaurant was way too expensive and mediocre food.
However when nothing in the island is cheap this does not come as a surprise.