“Great for families”

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kula, Hawaii, United States
“Great for families”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wait staff was wonderful: friendly, helpful and attentive. They made our kids feel extra special.

Food was good and the views/location is excellent.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Naomi M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Food decent View Better”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are probably not many better dining views in Wailea. If you can get a rail table you are set for the sunset. The food was decent.

Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, wonderful view, and thoughtful staff.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I ate here last night as our last meal on Maui and it was excellent. We are staying here at the Grand Wailea so we simply called down for reservations, about 20 minutes before sunset, which was perfect, they gave us the best table and the restaurant was full 15 minutes later.

The drinks are, as others have mentioned, WAY over-priced and WAY watered down. The most disappointing part of the dinner. My pina colada had almost no taste, even when he re-made it, and my wife's "signature" restaurant drink was also fairly tasteless. I would stick with wine or champagne if we ate here again.

Nothing to add about the view, it was beautiful, the luau was going on in the field next door and while you couldn't really see it, the music wasn't too loud and actually kind of complimented the Hawaiian "mood".

We didn't order any appetizers, the bread came out (nothing special although it's purple), my wife ordered the filet (it was absolutely perfect, seared well, amazing taste, great sauce but not overpowered), I had the spiny lobster (overpriced but if you go during Ono hour, it's half price and was still $80). They needed salt on the tables, none was on ANY table in sight, so if you like to salt things like potatoes, vegetables, or your lobster, ask in ADVANCE.

The server was pleasant, but kind of absent as has been mentioned before. She was happy to accommodate when she was there, but we saw her once as the meals were set down before we had a chance to try it, and we didn't see a server again for almost half an hour (I should have gotten up and gotten salt from the bar or something). That's the only reason the meal gets a "Very Good" instead of 5 stars.

All in all, the service could have been more attentive and the drinks could be better (at $20-$25 per drink you'd think so), but the food is phenomenal and the view is awesome!

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Food, wonderful staff, romantic setting”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our favorite restaurant on our week long vacation to Maui. The restaurant is surrounded by water, with tiki torches all around so it really feels like an island paradise. My drink came in a coconut which was really fun. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. My husband ordered a steak and I ordered fish. Both dishes were delicious and came out fast. The restaurant is pricey, a dinner for two will most likely be over $100 but it was worth it.

Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and a beautiful location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at this restaurant. The service was quick and attentive and the meal was delicious. I highly recommend it for the ambience...

Visited March 2013