“Great experience”

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plainfield, Illinois
“Great experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We planned two months in advance for this visit and we weren't disappointed. I had asked when getting the reservation for a nice table as my wife's and my parents were joining us as we were celebrating our wedding. To our surprise, we had a private table, with the perfect atmosphere. The service was excellent as they were there when needed and gave us privacy to celebrate the day. From the first bottle of wine to the final dessert the food was outstanding. In our group, we varied from steak to shrimp to different fish and it was all cooked just right. We look forward to going back again and spending more special time there!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Best first night in Maui dinner”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We were very jet lagged and were ready for bed by 5 pm, but needed dinner. We were able to walk in and get a perfect sunset viewing table! (I don't recommend that- they do fill up, so reservations are recommended). The Hawaiian snapper was delicious but the prices were a bit high- which was expected since this is a resort restaurant. The server we had was do nice and willing to answer all our questions. Overall a great experience!

Pittsburg, California
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have been to this restaurant before and we couldn't wait to go again. We made reservations weeks in advance. Our son surprised us by saying he was treating for our anniversary, so what could go wrong? We have a great table with a great view and the food was good but the service was lacking.

Our server was absent, she gave us service that reminded me of eating at Applebee's. I know that she is not the norm because what made it worse is that two tables in front of us had constant attention shown to them by another server. We thought it was maybe because we were not a high dollar table. We didn't order appitizers or wine but this is our custom and especially since our teenaged son was paying we were not going to splurge. But I'm of the opinion that when you go to a restaurant of this caliber it shouldn't matter if you're spending $50 or $500, the service should be the same.

We did speak with the manager on the way out and he apologized and offered to take care of our dinner if we came back another night. It was a very nice gesture but we declined. It really left a bad taste in our mouths. I don't really remember the food like I did last time I only remember the service or lack there of.

Toronto
“Average - didn't meet our expectations”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This restaurant came recommended and we were excited to enjoy dinner here after watching the sunset. We made a reservation in advance through our hotel at the Four Seasons. When we got there the restaurant was fairly busy. It's huge and is surrounded by a pond which we couldn't see because it was so dark (i was abit disappointed by that). The ambience was created by the candles and torches surrounding the area. The food was ok, nothing special.. portions are huge! The lobster main was sold out. My husband had the steak and enjoyed it. I had fish and found it bland. The service felt rushed and when we arrived the hostess tried to seat us by the bar by the entrance! I saw her mark us down for the dining area the change her mind and mark us by the bar. When they seated us I politely asked if we can sit in the dining area as we were there for a private and romantic dinner. They were able to seat us right away... so don't be afraid to specify where you want to sit! The workers seemed stressed out and weren't hiding it. Overall I was not impressed and wished I made a reservation for a restaurant in the Four Seasons instead.

Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The food here was really good. If you like lobster, go to dinner between 5:30-6:30PM as they are half off then (and overpriced the rest of the time). I recommend the Kona Maine Lobster over the Hawaiian Spiny Lobster. Service was good.

Visited October 2012