“Consistently excellent steaks”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 50 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Shops of Wailea
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ruth's Chris is pricey, but it puts out some of the best steaks I have eaten. I like my petite filet black and blue, which is seared and raw inside, and Ruth's Chris gets it right every time. Add the blue cheese crust and mmmm decadence. Everything is a la carte, so veggies and potatoes are ordered separately, but these sides are large enough to share between four people.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

It have eaten here 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years and have been pleased, however this time was different. Last month I had an overtop experience at the Park City location. The restaurant has a good location and has been well maintained over the years. The artwork is very nice and the interior very well done. The service was very good and efficient. My problem was with the limited and unimaginative menu. I had been looking forward to splitting a porterhouse with my wife, but it was not on the menu. I settled for a KC strip. I am used to this cut being at least an inch thick and it was barely a 1/2 inch. It was however prepared as ordered and tasted good. The shoestring fries were over cooked and crunchy. The broccoli was done well and my wife enjoyed here onion soup. Overall just an average high end steakhouse experience for me.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our first time at any Ruth's Chris, and we liked it a lot. The chain has been around forever, but we had never been to one, though I have always been curious about the odd name. We bought the Gift Certificates at Costco ($79.95 for $100 worth) and enjoyed our dinner there very much. In case you wonder, with two people we used up the whole $100 plus some, and we didn't order drinks or dessert. After we got back to the condo we found, too late of course, a coupon for a free appetizer in the Budget Car magazine, so I advise you to look for coupons in all those booklets you picked up at the airport.The caesar salad, which used a lettuce different from romaine, was delicious, and they provide a generous serving of anchovies if you ask. Ruth's Chop Salad was excellent and huge. We shared one Cowboy Ribeye (it's over 20 ounces!), which is a very tasty cut of beef, and took home a piece of that. They serve prime meat, broiled fast at a high heat and served on a very hot platter sizzling with butter under the steak. I can't imagine ever serving steak that way at home (not to mention that I never get prime beef), but who cares about cholesterol in Hawaii? We shared two sides (which are a la carte), shoestring potatoes and mac'n'cheese. The orders are large and hot and yummy. One would have been enough. But who cares about carbs in Hawaii? We brought back a box of the mac'n'cheese for lunch today, along with extra salad. Our waiter, Matt, was attentive and took very good care of us. I never had to ask for my water to be filled, and that is a big plus as far as I'm concerned. Altogether a very pleasant evening, and I learned how Ruth's Chris came about. Go there and enjoy steak in butter and find out for yourself.

1  Thank pimagrandma
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is my second visit to the Wailea Ruth's Chris. I've also eaten at the Lahaina location. Tonight it was the filet mignon for both me and my wife with asparagus/hollandaise and potatoes au gratin. Absolutely everything you should expect for an expensive meal---everything was impeccable, as it should be for a high-end establishment. Best steak on the island. 'Nuff said.

TIP: If you plan on going to Ruth's Chris while on Maui, stop at Costco in Kahului and pick up the gift cards and get $100 value for $79.95. Nice!

1  Thank 19jonesey54
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well what can I say. This is my third time to a Ruth's Chris
Steakhouse in Hawaii. Twice in Waikiki and once in the
Wailea Center. This dining was a different experience because
this time our 17 mth. old grandson was with us, but they welcomed him with ease, He is quite use to going to restaurants
with his parents and was very good. One couple even stopped at our table and commented. Both these restaurants are on the
same level. Lovely atmosphere and the steak is to perfection
everytime. It's hard to top their steaks. The side dishes are
equally nicely done.