“Happy hour all the way”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Shops of Wailea
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ruth's takes the prize for best FOOD happy hour in Kihei while the 5 Palms has it for best drinks. Ruth's has amazing food, large portions with a reasonable price tag for happy hour. You won't have a view and your bartender is going to stiff you on the drinks but it's worth just going for the eats.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We usually dine here on New Year's eve because they have a normally priced menu and we enjoy their steaks. We were on time for our 7:30pm reservation and they tried to put us at a table right next to the bar and actually away from the other tables. I refused the table and 20 minutes later they brought us to another bad table, set for two people, even though there were four of us. We were surrounded by extremely large tables even though there was an empty booth they could have seated us at. No one greeted us. No one brought the other place settings until I finally complained. To their credit they sent out a free calamari appetizer but we had already chosen what we planned on ordering and it would have been nicer if they asked what appetizer we would like and provided that rather than what they wanted to provide. Ultimately dinner was good but they ruined our mood and our evening. Bottom line is poor management which never recovered the night for us.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

All of our steaks were severly undercooked. Never even seen a manager. Way overpriced and terrible service.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We took my son for dinner for his 8th birthday. The food was fantastic, but from the moment we say down we felt rushed. The server was very personable, but good have handled the presentation of our food much better. We all ordered steaks, and sides. Definitely things were on the pricey side, but we were prepared for that. I had calmari as an appetizer and my wife ordered a salad. We were halfway thru our appetizers, and our steaks and sides showed up. They pushed our appetizers to the side to make room. This is the first time I experienced this at a restaurant. Normally they hold the food back until you finish your appetizers. The restaurant wasn't even full, so I am not sure why the rush. More communication needed between the server and kitchen. $300 and a mediocre dining expereince later.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We shared the crab cakes and they were very good. The petit filet was excellent. They do know how to cook a steak. We had asparagus and broccoli and both were cooked perfectly.

The server was a little snobbish and not very attentive.

I made a request for a small change to one of the steak add-ons and the server just simply said no, it couldn't be done as add-ons are pre-prepared. He didn't offer an alternative to my request. I have to say that when you are paying $42 plus for a steak not including any veggies I expect some flexibility in the kitchen. When my partner asked him to bring me some blue cheese for my steak, he did so and we weren't charged for it.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!