“Very good food”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Shops of Wailea
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Hamburg, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

As adult travelers who also like kids (I have 2) I did not expect to see small child babbling throughout our dinner, cheeseburger place? Yes Chuckle cheese ? Yes this fine steakhouse -NOOO, Do people really not know small children and fine dining do not mix.fantastic food but the atmosphere was ruined, attentive server moved us and Randy the Manager could not have been more accommodating, fine line he must walk. Bottom line parents should know better,take your kids to kid appropriate restaurants

Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Victor, NY
“Delicious, Amazing and NOT Pricey!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

WOW!!! My husband was really determined to go out for a meal at this restaurant. I'm not usually so thrilled with steakhouses, and I wasn't overly hungry that night anyway, but away we went. It was the best meal we ate in Hawaii! Of course it's expensive, but given prices of food in Hawaii, it was NOT pricey at all!!! It was among the most professional service we have ever experienced, ambiance was perfectly romantic and the food was incredible. I was able to order a small plate of scallops that were unbelievable. They replenished the basket of warm bread. My husband loved his steak, cooked to perfection. I wish we had one of these establishments near us. It may have been a bit chilly, but I'm always cold. If we took one sip of water, they refilled it. I eventually just had to laugh about it and chase away the water server. The serving sizes are not such that you need a doggie bag. If you have a HUGE appetite, you may think it's pricey for what you get. But for everyone else I say go enjoy yourselves! You'll be glad you did!

• Visited October 2012
Ocean Gate, New Jersey
“Great Steak”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Ruth Chris is very well run, the service is excellent and the food is what you would expect at a good steak house. They do have an early bird that is worth looking at.

Visited November 2012
Thank Flyerno.one
United States
“overpriced”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a review of the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse at the Mauna Lani shopping Center in Waikoloa (Big Island)

You can choose to eat on the verandah (which we recommend) or inside, in a dark, posh (and chilly) dining room.

They have good choices of meats, combo of meats and fish and the fresh catch of the day, which I chose and liked enough, though it was quite spicy.
Their side dishes, like the superb pomme dauphins, are very tasty and generous.

If you happen to go on a day when the “Polinesian” show at the Mauna Lani center stage is offered , you can secure a convenient “front row seat” for the show - while having your dinner on the lovely verandah.

Very expensive ( for what you get )

• Visited August 2012
St Albans
“Disappointing and expensive”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Having eaten in a number of Ruths Chris restaurants on the mainland I was very much looking forward to my meal here. Our booking was at 8.00pm. The waiter was always rushing off and at one point I was halfway through asking for something and he started to walk away. At 8.00 we were told the shoestring fries had run out!! The steak was extremely fatty and largely unedible. I usually like to go to Ruths, Capitol Grille, Mortons or Flemings when i'm working in Detroit so know what to normally expect and this was more than disappointing given the premium price they charge.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!