“Excellent rating for lunch (not as good for dinner)”
Review of Pita Paradise

Pita Paradise
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We happened upon Pita Paradise by chance for lunch one day after hitting the beach, and we were amazed by the friendly and accommodating service and the flavorful food. This is a place where you really feel like you get what you pay for at lunchtime. I had the $9 spicy falafel pita sandwich with rice, and it was HUGE, fresh, and delicious. (I know $9 may seem like a lot of money for a sandwich, to some, but it is Hawaii.) From the hostess to the servers, it seemed like everyone was genuinely happy that we were having lunch there. We went back for dinner, and we were not as impressed with the service or the food. The flavors were lacking, the food was overpriced, and the service was less energized. The excellent rating is for the lunch experience. (By the way, we also went to the low-key branch in Kihei for lunch one day, and some prices were about $1-3 less per item than the Wailea branch, but the falafel pita only had a $.05 price difference, so if you are in Wailea, just go to this branch.) Also, for seafood eaters, the owner catches the fish of the day each day himself, so the fish sandwich and other entrees change daily. The fact that we ate at Pita Paradise 3 times in 4 days speaks for itself! We loved it!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Pita Paradise for lunch yesterday. We shared a salad with Ono fish. The food was great. The portions were very large. The owner catches the fish fresh every morning. Our waitress was extremely nice. This is a great place for lunch.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Well, I have tried both Pita Paradises in Maui and the Wailea one is in an upmarket shopping area and was tasty enough however certainly not worth the amount they charge. It is disappointing when you can get the same option 5 mins down the road which in my opinion was much better. I understand it is trying to be more or a dinning out option but the price difference is not justified. Do yourself a favour and drive 5 mins to Kihei!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate an early dinner with our 9 year old. He enjoyed the pita grilled cheese, but leaving off the seasoning/lightening the amount is recommended. My wife had the pasta bolognese and I had the ahi special - both good. We would go back.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate here twice during our weeklong stay at the Grand Wailea. The location was convenient for us as we weren't willing to pay the resort prices for food. Our first meal here was better than the first, since the second meal (exact food as before) was way overseasoned. The bread that they use is very good. I would recommend that they swap out something for the rice - we really didn't care for that. Maybe a fresh fruit of some kind would complement the flavors nicely.

Been to Pita Paradise? Share your experiences!