“food good, attitude of chef not so good”
Review of Pita Paradise

Pita Paradise
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nicer setup than the other location. Wish TripAdvisor would sort the reviews as it is two different places. The chef would not accept a substitution without charging extra. We thought this petty considering the situation, hence the overall average. Still the food was good. The atmosphere is nice. Plenty of parking. If you sit close to the outdoor fountain it can overtake your conversation.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Kihei location is surrounded by bars and the atmosphere leaves something to be desired. Go to the Wailea location by Monkeypod. MUCH nicer.

I had a chicken pita and my husband had the burger (which was a double patty, beef and lamb). Both were very good but dripping in oil. His burger had a stream of oil running from it. I didn't even try to pick up my pita because of the oil (but also because it was huge, filled with a bunch of lettuce, tomato, and the meat). My husband loved the roasted potatoes. I opted for a side salad instead of rice. The baklava ice cream cake was very good. Could have had more baklava for the crust and the middle layer, but the honey drizzled over it was terrific and made it all worth while!

Prices were very reasonable. I would lean toward giving the restaurant 3 stars because of the crazy usage of oil, but the location, atmosphere, flavors, and overall value were very good. I would just ask for them to hold off on the olive oil next time.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by this little jewel. While staying in Wailea, we wanted one night of a no-fuss, non-fancy dinner. This was perfect. We sat out on the patio, beside the fountain. We had the bread with yogurt dip for an app: yummy! I had the chicken kabobs and he had the fish and lamb kabobs, we both loved our entire meal. Service was top-notch, to match the food. Amazingly we left spending less than $40! I would definitely recommend :)

1  Thank Melrae D
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Food was not great, unfortunately... Service was amazingly slow and they were not that crowded. Would not go back, too many better options.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Went 2x. Food was good both times. Went for lunch 1x and dinner 1x. Service at dinner was horrible and we were the only table so it was hard to understand. Unfortunately this tainted the whole experience. We won't go back.