“Grand Lua Entertaining”

The Grand Luau at Honua'ula
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted the #1 Best Luau in South Maui by the Maui News readers' poll, THE GRAND LUAU AT HONUA'ULA is a must-see, rich, cultural experience! Located at the award-winning Grand Wailea Resort and Spa, this luxurious setting, just steps from the sea, is truly magical!"HONUA'ULA" means "Sacred Lands" and refers to the Grand Luau's physical setting which is surrounded by the rising slopes of Haleakala and the expansive azure blue of the Pacific Ocean. Gather with your friends and family for an event destined to become the highlight of your island visit. Join in a variety of ancient Hawaiian activities and games. Discover a unique treasure at our island handicraft market. Witness the unearthing of the kalua pig from the "imu", our traditional underground oven. Sip tasty tropical drinks from our premium open bar available throughout the evening. Savor our bountiful buffet of regional cuisine with a generous variety to please everyone's palate. Dine comfortably at our intimate tables while viewing the breathtaking sunset and the star-filled skies above. Enjoy our spectacular show as THE GRAND LUAU AT HONUA'ULA brings to life the ancient stories,songs and dances of the Pacific islands. Feel the genuine touch of Aloha, under the palm trees,caressed by breezes. Experience the GRAND LUAU AT HONUA'ULA and celebrate the true magic of Maui!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Attended Grand Lua at Honua'lua this past week. I had a great time. The food was average for a luau. The pork was better than I remembered from the other luau I've attended. The rest of the food was ok, but not great. The show was very good climaxed by the fire knife show at the end. I enjoyed the luau, but not quite as good as the one I attended last year at the Marriott on the Big Island.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

What a beautiful setting. Right at the beach with a gorgeous sunset. Drinks were strong and plentiful. food was fantastic. The show was quite different with cirque like acrobatics in the palm tree. The Royal Lahina Luau had a more historic feel as far as the show was concerned Get discount tickets at Costco.

2  Thank slkallen
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food was okay; the entertainment not very exciting. We were sitting at back and could hardly hear the emcee. Would have liked more Polynesian-style-men's dances (Samoan and New Zealand) than all quiet, refined hula.

1  Thank Kathy32530
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to the Grand Wailea Luau with the family early July. Found some discount tickets at Costco near the airport. Check in was pretty slow, but staff were friendly.

Drinks were good, view was spectacular. Very windy for the first hour or so, nothing anyone could do about that, completely outside and no wind breaks. Food was good, not great. Luau show was pretty average, fire dude at end was best part. I would not go here again.

2  Thank ElkGroveChris
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, book through Costco as they have the best price. I am rating this very good due to the quality of the actual show. We went to this show 7/6/13. We arrived at 4pm as suggested. BIG MISTAKE since we were coming with our 3 kids (ages 5,6,and 12). I should have come alone and gotten the table. We were told to return at 5:15 and the show would begin at 6, it actually did not start until well after 6 so it made it quite trying for the kids as we had been walking/waiting around in the hot sun since 4pm. They also moved our family 3 separate times becuase they kept over booking the tables, they seat 10 per table and we were a party of 5. The manager was not very apologetic, and proceeded to set us at a table with her friends and we got to watch her give them complementary pictures and we had to pay $20 each even after moving us all around(my 12 yr old was on crutches and has a broken leg) very inconvenient and unprofessional for such an upscale establishment.

The show itsself was very good, much better than the one we saw at the Marriott a few years ago. My children really enjoyed it, and my youngest even asked to go back the next day, so that part was worth it. The food was pretty good too, just lots of flies. The show/dinner is on the lawn overlooking the ocean so we got to see the beautiful Maui sunset. I didn't book through Costco as I was not aware and it cost us $300 for our family of 5. My youngest was free.

The staff (other than the manager) was actually very friendly and continually cleared our table of empty plates (possibly because we were sitting with the manager's friends?)

I would be willing to go to this luau again, but I will come alone to get our seats and return promptly at 5:30 with the rest of the family.

4  Thank alishia80