We stayed in unit 48 for 9 nights in mid-September. We were extremely pleased with our stay, and I'm hoping that this post is helpful for others.
This unit was in much better condition than we were expecting. The pictures honestly do not do the unit or the complex much justice. It's a 3rd story (2 1/2 stories up) unit that is probably in one of the best locations in the entire complex. From the extremely large balcony stretching the length of the unit (one of the bedrooms and the living room) you have a perfect view of the Pacific Ocean and the volcanic mountain with the wind turbines past Kihei. From this balcony, you walk down directly to one of the complex's pools, which was extremely quiet, warm, and clean. Noise was not an issue for us in Mid-September. The washer and drier (good condition and functions well) is located in a closet on the balcony.
Here's what I wish the other reviews would have covered: the setup of the unit.
1) There are two bedrooms each with their own dedicated bathroom. The "master" bedroom is located on the front of the unit (not the balcony) and has a king-sized bed that is very soft. If you like a super hard bed, then this bed could possibly be uncomfortable. This room is fairly large and has ample closet space. The attached bathroom has one sink (but a ton of counter space), a toilet, a tub, and a separate shower. It was clean and in good condition. The bedding was comfortable and clean. There was a flatscreen TV w/ an xbox in this room (w/ games and controllers).
2) The 2nd bedroom had sliders out to the balcony and a door to the living room. In fact, this is actually a lock-off unit. The bed is a queen sized murphy bed (it is not a full). It is comfortable and there were no complaints from the other couple we traveled with. Their attached bath had a sink, toilet, and a tub/shower combo. They had amble closet space in the room, possibly another sink, and a small refrigerator. The bedding was comfortable and clean. There was a flat screen TV in this bedroom.
3) Linens were provided for us with the rental. These were very clean, white towels of different sizes. Much better than your average towels found in a Marriott or similar hotel. The downside, of course, is not having daily maid service.
4) The kitchen had a 1980's dishwasher (it worked), a microwave, electric stove/oven, and tall refrigerator, with granite countertops. It was all clean and in good condition. There were ample plates, bowls, glasses, wine glasses, and silverware. While we didn't cook much, the kitchen was honestly fully stocked.
5) There were 4 very nice Tommy Bahama beach chairs in the closet in the non-master bedroom. There may have been a pool noodle or two in the other bedroom closet.
6) The living room had a small, 4 person dining table w/ chairs, a couch (this was a pull out; probably a full), and 2 chairs. The TV was an extremely large Sony flat screen. While the furniture was not high end or brand new, it was clean and comfortable.
7) There were very quiet ceiling fans in the two bedrooms and the living room. Additionally, there were newer wall units in each of the two bedrooms and the living room. We were there when it was over 90 degrees and we were VERY cool every night.
8) The development is very close to the Shops at Wailea (due east). You can walk or drive. It's probably just easier to drive.
9) The complex is extremely lush and green. There was a security guard working at night.
10) If you rent through Rentals Maui, just remember to print off all of your materials (including the code for the door to the unit) and download the app for your phone. It was helpful.
11) Is the unit brand new? No. Is it taken care of with updates? Yes. It was super clean and we were very comfortable. For the price, this unit is a steal compared to staying in a hotel, especially if you like to fully explore the island. I was honestly concerned when we rented this unit that I would be disappointed. I wasn't. :) You can tell from my other reviews that I'm somewhat picky, so please take that into consideration, as well. I've stayed at many condos and house rentals on the east coast of the mainland (mainly N and S Carolina). This was in better condition that most of the rentals we've stayed in.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children|