“Bad Service, Bad Food”
Review of Gannon's

Gannon's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gannon's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wailea Alanui
Description: Floor to ceiling glass doors gracefully invite shoreline vistas right to your table as you dine beneath grand ceilings lit by contemporary chandeliers. Chef Bev Gannon's newest venture offers a truly distinctive dining experience where traditional island flavors are embraced by the flair of her own personality delivering a taste of sophisticated culinary elegance right here on Maui. Savor more than just your dish as you indulge in decor rich in textures – touches of bamboo, marble, and lava rock compliment chic artwork and locally handcrafted accents.
Seattle, Washington
“Bad Service, Bad Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

No comparison to the SeaWatch. Unfriendly service and overpriced, mediocre food. Will not be returning. The only good thing about this place is their view. We used to frequent this place when it was the SeaWatch and loved it every time. Our first visit to Gannon's, we were met with unfriendly service, long waits (for our table - we had reservations, and for our food), and terrible food for the price! We left this place with such disappointment. Will not be recommending to anyone.

• Visited November 2010

“Good for two, but not for kids.”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and I dined here a little over a year ago the food and service was great so we decided to bring the whole family this time around. On our prior visit it was just the two of us and we were seated at a wonderful table outside with a view. This time it was a bit more busy and our party was seated inside. It was beautiful so we weren't that disappointed. My sister has two young children and an infant. No crayons or anything to keep the kids busy. And no changing table in the bathroom. She was disappointed. A female staff member suggested changing the diaper in the lobby on the couches???? I thought the food was great, I had the mahi. Others were less thrilled. My sister mentioned that our waitor had horrible breath. I didn't notice. He was friendly but a bit overwhelmed. Overall not as good as the first time. We will come back but not with the family.

• Visited December 2010
Iowa
“Was really fun until the bar died down”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My husband and I are in our 20s/30s and we were excited when we walked into the bar at Gannon's to find it full of young people. However, minutes after happy hour ended, the bar cleared out. We left the bar and had dinner in the restaurant, which was good. It's just too bad the crowd didn't stick around.

Overall, you should give Gannon's a try.

Half Moon Bay, California
“A Beautiful Setting and Very Good Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

A lanai table at Gannon's offers a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean, palm trees, and the sunset. The food is equal to the setting. I had the tomato/crab/sushi/lobster stack for a starter -- wow -- and the butterfish for a main. The fish was perfectly done. Others at the table said the same thing about their mains.

There is a happy hour where well drinks are half price -- a very good deal. The Mai Tais were the best I had on the trip. Service was attentive and friendly.

Sometimes when you eat at an expensive restaurant the portions can be skimpy. Not here. The steak was a 16 ounce monster, my wife had a chop that was huge, and the slabs of fish (ahi, butterfish) were generous and tasty.

All in all, a very good meal. We would eat there again when back on this part of Maui.

1 Thank Marfak
Seattle
“Good Food and Great View”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Went for breakfast on 10-10-10 with friends. The view was beautiful and the food was good, too. I had the eggs benedict with the crab cakes and one of my friends had the french toast with blueberry compote. We sat outside and were able to see a wedding on the golf course. Apparently, there were several weddings happening because of the date. Our server, Hoku, was friendly and offered lots of suggestions. Great view of Molokini. I plan to return.