“Expensive Hotel but Worth the Money”
Review of Spa Grande

Spa Grande
Ranked #1 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Grande is located at the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria. Spa Grande’s unique theme of ‘East meets West over the Shores of Hawaii’ pampers guests and indulges your senses in an enriching journey to restore harmony to your body & soul. Ensure you arrive at least an hour before your treatment to enjoy the wonders of the world renown Terme hydrotherapy circuit and complimentary full body petit honey & mango exfoliation.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Grand Wailea was our first stop of many on our honeymoon and it was the perfect way to start our adventure on Maui. We booked on of their standard rooms and they upgraded us immediately to one of the Napua tower suites which included a very lovely continental breakfast, appetizers and cocktails every evening. Big bonus for us! The pool area is huge and so much fun. We bought blow up tubes and really enjoyed the all water slides that connect to different pools. It had a little floating river that ends at the grotto bar. If the pool seems too busy for you, you can usually find a quieter pool or seperate area away from all the kids. Our bed was huge and comfy, our balcony was lovely and the bathroom was great! Only negative thing about the place was the food and the prices. Food was not super great but it was like $50 or up a plate. Explore dining options elsewhere.

2  Thank MissAxiom
in 24 reviews
"minute massage"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This Spa has an amazing setting, the roman bath are really good and the Hawaiian salt bath are amazing. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The lanai on the upper floor is incredible at sunset. I would strongly recommend this spa for an afternoon of pampering and relaxation.

2  Thank spalla67
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wife and I did the couples massage, i was at first reluctant. Having never had a massage i was a bit intimidated. we arrived and went our separate ways. i was given a short tour and immediately went to the hydro therapy pools, really really relaxing. we spent an hour each in this area, which you can go to as early as you want prior to or after your massage.
the massage was excellent, felt like a noodle when we got out, can't recommend enough. i used the hawaiian airlines special, not sure if it is still offered. but go to their website and see, pretty good discount. or call the concierge at the spa and ask for it by name, if still offered they will give it to you there as well.

2  Thank Biker56
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I received the gift of a couples massage while staying as guests at the Grand Wailea. Fortunately, I looked up the spa online ahead of time, so we felt prepared for the Terme Hydrotherapy. I also called ahead of time to ask about attire, and found out the spa is "clothing optional." That was a new experience for both of us! On their advice, we did bring swimsuits, which I kept on until it was time for the massage. I would call their rates "appropriately pricey" considering this is the most luxurious spa I've ever experienced, and the hour-long hydro therapy that is included in every treatment is absolute indulgence. Very nice changing facilities, with options for those of us who are privacy-conscious, and a locker that locked. I was given a robe, but since I noticed no one else was using one (or wearing anything at all!) I wore my swim suit, and they have tons of very large towels everywhere. You start off with a nice private shower, and they advise you on the different bath options. You have a full hour to explore them all! I was a big fan of the different one-person soaking baths you could try out, and of the wonderful-smelling toiletries in the showers. I felt a little silly wearing my swimsuit after being surrounded by very naked people, so next time I would probably ditch it. The included full-body sugar scrub was a pleasant surprise. By the time I was called for my massage, I was already very relaxed and squeaky-clean! Men and women are in separate facilities, of course, so I rejoined by boyfriend after donning my robe, and we did enjoy wonderful hour-long side-by-side massages in a private room. My only wish is that the room were darker, but they did place a mask over your eyes when it was time to lay on your back. Overall it was a wonderful experience that we would definitely recommend for couples, or individuals. I would pay full price to enjoy all that again!

3  Thank EventPlanne R