“Absolutely Still the Best Spa”
Review of Spa Grande

Spa Grande
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Grande is located at the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria. Spa Grande’s unique theme of ‘East meets West over the Shores of Hawaii’ pampers guests and indulges your senses in an enriching journey to restore harmony to your body & soul. Ensure you arrive at least an hour before your treatment to enjoy the wonders of the world renown Terme hydrotherapy circuit and complimentary full body petit honey & mango exfoliation.
Victoria, VA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Absolutely Still the Best Spa”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The 5 Aromatherapy Baths are still the drawing card. The two showers are so stimulating. I was disappointed with the mango scrub which was included and even more disappointed with the sugar scrub that I requested. Was not much of a scrub...more like an application of the product. Not sure my body got the exfoliation it really needed. On the other hand, the massage was absolutely the VERY BEST I have ever had. I had a couple of places in my shoulder & lower back and she massaged them away. The massage was wonderful. Treated my husband for Fathers Day and he loved it as well. It was just like I remembered it from years ago and a happy reunion it was.

Visited June 2013
SpaGrandeKristineTai, Manager at Spa Grande, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Aloha MizDag,
Mahalo for taking the time to review your recent visit to Spa Grande. It is wonderful that Spa Grande could take part in your husband’s special Father’s Day celebration. We take pride in our terme and greatly appreciated that you enjoyed the uniqueness of the 5 Hawaiian Sea Salt Baths. However, we are disheartened to hear that the mini honey mango loofah exfoliation during your termé experience did not meet expectations. We were also disappointed to learn that the additional scrub you requested was not perfect.

It was fantastic to read that the massage you received was the very best you’ve had! I have sent you a private message via TripAdvisor inviting you to contact Spa Grande directly to further discuss your experience. We value any and all feedback and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit, from terme to your treatments. Alternatively, if you are comfortable sharing your contact information via private message, I am more than happy to reach out to you at a time you find most convenient.

Mahalo nui loa, again, for taking the time to share your Spa Grande experience. We hope to pamper you and your husband again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

By far, our trip to Spa Grande was the best spa experience my wife and I have ever experienced. The Terme is what really sets this spa apart! Don't get me wrong, the services were exceptional, but the hour of preparation the terme allows really made this spa day absolutely incredible. Seriously cannot wait to return!

Visited April 2013
SpaGrandeKristineTai, Manager at Spa Grande, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Aloha briandevoyfield,

The Spa Grande ohana thanks you for your wonderful review about your recent visit with us. We are so thrilled to hear that you had an incredible time in our Terme Hydrotherapy Circuit. It sounds like you were able to thoroughly relax in your treatments as well. We look forward to pampering you again when you return!

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service, great experience for Maui stays”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Came here with my husband to celebrate our honeymoon with a spa day and couples massage. We were very well taken care of by the staff and management and given the royal treatment while we were here.

The hour you spend in the spa with the roman tubs and baths was incredible a preps you for a great service. The massage therapist were incredible with their touch and take direction very well. We were sincerely pleased with how everything was executed and how attentive the staff was during our time in the spa.

Highly recommend as a to-do for couples on vacation, honeymooners, brides to be. Most relaxing time in our week on the island.

Visited May 2013
SpaGrandeKristineTai, Manager at Spa Grande, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Aloha doclovesorganix,

Mahalo nui loa for celebrating your honeymoon with the Spa Grande ohana! We are so pleased to hear that our team was able to pamper you and your husband for this very special occasion. It's great to know that you enjoyed everything, from your time in our terme baths to your massage with our wonderful therapists.

We hope to be a part of your anniversary celebrations in the future! Mahalo for choosing Spa Grande as your destination for relaxation.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“We will never forget our experience here”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I had an outstanding experience here.

The prices seem high at first, but once you are done with your treatments, it all seems quite reasonable.

We purchased the romantic interlude package. This included an hour in our respective terme salt baths, hot tub, sauna, area. You get a full body exfoliation before you enter the salt baths which is an interesting experience.

We then met each on the lanai where you have an amazing view of the hotel pools and the ocean. We then went into our rooms and got another full body scrub with sugar, and then were wrapped in a cocoon and had a foot and scalp massage. We then were able to share a tub to bathe ourselves off. Its really romantic, but it was also very hot so we hurried up and went back out to the lanai for some cool breeze and the view.

We were then brought into another room and received amazing massages.

The experience was something we will never forget.

Our therapists were Helene and Barbara. We totally loved them. They were sweet and professional and just did an outstanding job taking care of us. We will not forget this special experience.

Visited May 2013
SpaGrandeKristineTai, Manager at Spa Grande, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Aloha sttcarrie,

Mahalo for your wonderfully detailed review about your Romantic Interlude at Spa Grande. We were pleased to learn that your experience was outstanding and that you and your husband enjoyed yourself from start to finish.

Thank you, especially, for providing the names of the therapists who provided the amazing massages and ensured your outstanding experience! We always welcome the opportunity to recognize our team members and have shared your feedback with them. I know they will be thrilled to learn that they contributed to your special visit to Spa Grande.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A spa day to remember”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have always been reluctant to got to the spa with friends or by myself. This time however I decieded to treat myself while daddy bonded with his little princesses. I made the appointment the day befor and grabbed a cup of tea from starbucks next door before arriving an hour earlier for my massage. After checking in, i changed into my swimsuit and explored while i waited for my whole body exfoilation. Then it was off to the salt baths, i tried all 5 of them and truely loved, the different aromas. I got a great massage from the waterfalls. The massage was well worth it. looking forward to going back again.

Visited July 2012
SpaGrandeKristineTai, Manager at Spa Grande, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Aloha Vivaciouslife,

Mahalo for your review about your July 2012 visit to Spa Grande. We’re so glad to hear that you took the time to visit us, despite your initial reluctance. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed yourself in both our Termé Hydrotherapy Circuit and during your massage. We look forward to pampering you again when you return!