“I love this place! Can I live here?”
Review of Spa Grande

Spa Grande
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Grande is located at the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria. Spa Grande’s unique theme of ‘East meets West over the Shores of Hawaii’ pampers guests and indulges your senses in an enriching journey to restore harmony to your body & soul. Ensure you arrive at least an hour before your treatment to enjoy the wonders of the world renown Terme hydrotherapy circuit and complimentary full body petit honey & mango exfoliation.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a fantastic visit to the Spa Grande. There is a couples deal in the Maui Where magazine (and a few others) - price was about $315 for one hour of the Terme pools, 50 min massage and mini loofah exfoliation. This also includes $25/person for lunch. The experience was aahhh inducing! The Terme pools are separated into mens and womens and clothing is optional. It features traditional hawaiian baths scented with different salts (pineapple, coconut etc). There were waterfall showers that massaged your shoulders. A traditional japanese spa area features a hot tub with tiny bubbles floating to the surface as well as a cold plunge pool. There was also traditional japanese seated washing station. None of the attendants seemed too concerned that we stayed past our alotted one hour at the terme pools.

We were brought up to a waiting room before we went in for our massage. The lanai in the waiting area overlooked the magnificent view of the Grand Wailea hotel grounds and gardens - talk about a million dollar view! The massage was relaxing and Helene the masseuse was communicative but not too talkative. We had our couples massage in the same room but there is an option to do the massage in separate rooms.

After our spa experience we went to the bistro to indulge in lunch oceanside. Bring your camera because the hotel and grounds are landscaped to the 9s and beautiful from every angle.

If you want the pools to yourself, come early (opens at 8am). It got quite busy around 11am. I can't say enough about this spa and I will try to come back very soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have made a visit to the Spa Grande a regular part of my Maui itinerary. I got the special terme/massage package for $155 which also includes a voucher for $25 for lunch at the Bistro at the resort. It is a wonderful way to relax in pure luxury. The baths are perfect for soaking away the stress of travel so I plan it for my second day on the island and before I have any sunburn. They begin your treatment with an exfoliation and one time I had a slight sunburn and my skin was too tender to enjoy it. My massage by Sanford was blissful, yet he really understood that I appreciated a strong pressure and I left there with muscles that were thanking him for his expertise. The lunch in the Bistro is a nice poolside setting, but the fish and chips were nothing too exciting. My husband had the sushi and he said it was OK, but nothing special. The service was very good and I would definitely try it again with different entrees. Maybe the pizza or hamburger would be better. But, this review is for the Spa and it was wonderful!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This spa ranks at the top of spas I have visited around the world. With the sauna, steam, cold plunges, hot tubs, waterfalls, mineral salt baths - you could spend hours prior to your treatment enjoying it all. Kristi was an amazing massage therapist! I highly recommend spending a day at the spa. If you have to choose between this spa and the spa at the St. Regis - this one wins hands down as the St. Regis spa only has a sauna and steam room for amenities.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had a 50 minute facial (although I had signed up for an 80 minute one, there was a mix-up I guess but I didn't say anything) The facial was fine, but not as good as others I have had. Had my make-up done too and have to say it wasn't overdone at all...maybe a little under-done...but it looked nice.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm a spa lover and have been to many spa's around the world. Spa Grande has been the best experience so far. The terme baths are DREAMY. They also provide a quick exfloliation for the best results for soft skin. My massage with Erin was perfect! After the massage I relaxed on the Lanai with my boyfriend and we watched the sunset together. Perfection.
The one thing that was terrible was the fact that there was another spa guest taking topless pictures of herself!!! She said it was a dare, it seems ridiculous and childish. I wish the staff would have noticed this and removed her. It's a European style spa and it's VERY uncomfortable to unwind and releax when there's someone in there with a cell phone camera snapping photos.