“What and experience, what a price!”
Review of Spa Grande

Spa Grande
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Grande is located at the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria. Spa Grande’s unique theme of ‘East meets West over the Shores of Hawaii’ pampers guests and indulges your senses in an enriching journey to restore harmony to your body & soul. Ensure you arrive at least an hour before your treatment to enjoy the wonders of the world renown Terme hydrotherapy circuit and complimentary full body petit honey & mango exfoliation.
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Is is a spa like none other. You get that feeling when you check in at the grand spa lobby. It looks like a hotel lobby. For $150 I got the Signature Package that consisted of a Lomi Lomi body scrub, use of the baths (oh my...the baths!) and a 50 minute massage that was customized to my needs. The hydrotherapy was so fantastic. I could have spent way more time there! Inge the therapist was super awesome!

3  Thank etan92612
in 13 reviews
"ice water"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've been to a few spas in my hometown for various treatment and really wanted my husband to experience the utter relaxation. After researching several spas in Maui, I chose Spa Grande for the Terme hydrotherapy circuit - it's more than just a couples massage.

We booked the Hawaiian Airline couples package: $300 for 60 min. hydrotherapy, scrub, and massages + $50 Molokini Bistro certificate (savings tip: Spa Grande accepts Spa Finder Gift certificates which can be purchased at Costco for $225).

The hydrotherapy area was fantastic. My husband - who originally wanted to skip it - became a convert and ended up loving it too (he gushed about the menthol-infused sauna and did the circuit). For those who are concerned about "clothing optional," don't be. Most were in swimwear. Our massages were excellent, the room was spacious and the therapists manner was perfectly quiet, yet attentive.

Only two minor "transition" details kept it from being flawless:
1) After directing me to change into a robe before our massage, my spa guide was gone when I came out and never told me where to go for the treatment. There were a few minutes of confusion.
2) After our heavenly massages, no chairs/chaises were available in the outdoor patio to "recover". We leaned against a wall for a few minutes and then several people were called for their treatments all at once and many chairs became free.

These are small, but any stress detracts from the spa experience.

With our meal afterward (which was excellent) we spent over 4 hours at the Grand Wailea. It was a great experience and we're glad we chose Spa Grande. But next time, we might try a less crowded spa.

1  Thank thesecret_squirrel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I had never been to a spa before, but my wife had found a great deal ($300 for the two of us, including hour long couples massage, an hour+ in their hydrotherapy center, and lunch at the Bistro Molikini). I was particularly uncomfortable about the "bathing suit optional" nature of the hydrotherapy circuit. But, I was worried over nothing. When we arrived at the spa, we checked in, then were each ushered to through separate doors for the men's and women's locker-rooms. I was greeted by my spa attendant, Steve, who set me up with a locker and assured me that I could do whatever I was comfortable with, with regard to a bathing suit. I chose to wear mine, which seemed to match most of the people on the men's side. Steve then took me on a tour of the facility, explained all the pools, hottubs, showers, and saunas.

First, let me say "Wow!" I could not believe all the options in the hydrotherapy circuit. An hour is just barely long enough to try most of them. I strongly recommend getting there early, so you can have some extra time. There are 5 aromatherapy pools, named for 5 of the main Hawaiian islands, and they offered benefits from sunburn help to skin tightening. I don't know if they lived up to the hype, but it was very pleasant to soak and breath in the aromatherapy. In between pools, I visited the Swiss and waterfall showers. The waterfall shower was my favorite, with a 3 inch diameter flow of water dropping from the ceiling, onto my neck and back. It felt wonderful. I also strongly recommend visiting the "Roman" hot tub and making dips into the cold plunge pool. It was incredibly refreshing and made the hot tub feel even hotter.

About 20 minutes before my massage was scheduled, Steve collected me for my scrub. I was also a little apprehensive about this, but again, Steve made me feel completely comfortable and the scrub was surprisingly nice and invigorating, leaving a nice tingle on the skin.

After another dip in the hot tub, it was time for my massage. Steve led me upstairs to the patio, where they had water and ice tea and I was rejoined with my wife. After a few minutes of sitting and relaxing, we were led off for our couples massage. The room was quite large and had a nice view. This was my first lomi lomi massage, so I do not have anything to compare it too, but it was fantastic. My masseuse had very strong hands and at times I swore she had to be putting all her weight into my back, but it felt great. At the end of the hour, we were both feeling fantastic.

After a quick shower, it was time for lunch, which was two $25 vouchers for the Bistro Molikini. All in all, it was an extremely relaxing, peaceful day!

One last note. My wife said the woman's side was more crowded, but on the men's side I don't think I saw more than 5 people wondering about, so there was never a wait for any of the pools or showers.

1  Thank grandeau
Reviewed July 24, 2011

There are spas, and then there is the Spa Grande. From the moment you arrive, you know that you're in for something special. It all begins with a 'tour" of the women's locker room area, an oasis that hosts their famous Terme baths, waterfall showers, Jacuzzi tubs, steam room and sauna. Plan to spend at least an hour here. Before your technician arrives to wisk you away to your treatment room, a 5 minute complementary body scrub awaits (so think twice about booking a body scrub and get something else instead). It's almost sad to have to leave this heavenly place for your treatment, but you won't be disappointed (and you can always spend more time here later). Like everything else in this spa, the technicians are the best. Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for and while this experience does not come cheap, it's worth every penny, especially if you allow yourself the time to take advantage of the facilities.

2  Thank Dalecorp
See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I didn't get massages at Spa Grande, but we booked a private hour duo yoga lesson (which was fantastic and very worth the $) and our 2 hour hydrotherapy passes were included. We both enjoyed Spa Grande immensely and highly recommend for any visitor to Maui. Strangely enough, I write reviews all the time and this one escapes me for words - YOU JUST NEED TO DO IT! My favorite part was the 5 specialty baths, with Kaua'i being my favorite tub. Two hours was the perfect amount of time to enjoy the cedar and marble sauna room, Roman whirlpool tub, waterfall massage, Japanese Furo bath, Swiss jet shower, and specialty baths. Highly professional staff and we will definitely return to this world class spa.