“11 days and couldn't get an appointment”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #9 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Are you kidding me, we spent 11 days and couldn't get an appointment...together. We were excited to spend time at the Mandara SPA here since we enjoyed it at the One & Only in the Bahamas and Mauna Kea on the Big Island.

My husband went in person on day 2 to schedule mani/pedi for both of us, wanting to have them done at the same time, nope they couldn't accommodate us on any of the days remaining. We also wanted facials both of us again at the same time but understand if seperate rooms, nope. Then he asked for a couples massage but for after 4pm start time and they couldn't accommodate that either.

No problem...we got our couples massage (oceanfront in a Hale) and couples facial done at the Four Seasons for $1140 plus tip and our couples mani/pedi done at a nearby salon Olavine for $170 plus tip.

1  Thank Adventure803183

Reviewed May 13, 2017

Let me start off with the positives.
- Nicely appointed spa.
- Clean bathroom and relaxing area.
- Beautiful location.

However, my experience was very poor. It could come down to one bad therapist, so it may not be a structural problem with the spa. But here is my experience. one thing also put in perspective. I paid $500 dollars for a couple's massage. Let me say that again... $500... for that money you expect the best. This is what I got:
- My therapist had a cold. She was coughing, sniffling, clearing her throat, swallowing phlegm throughout the message. it was extraordinarily distracting.
- I choose a deep tissue massage. My therapist didn't apply any pressure. It was just above weak caressing even though I was explicit what to cover and the type of massage I wanted.
- The front desk staff was curt and hardly sympathetic. Not even an offer to give a discount or recognize the problem.. She just asked for my CC to charge it for $500

Now I should mention that my wife did enjoy her massage, but she was hardly raving. It was a gift and she would be mortified if she found out what we paid vs the service we got. Also, as mentioned already, the spa was nicely appointed. Though it doesn't compare to the SPAs in big hotels in Europe or Asia.

9  Thank JamesGolder
Reviewed April 28, 2017

Lovely spa area with a large selection of quality beauty items to purchase. Very relaxing stone massage, clean changing rooms, attentive staff.

Cristina S, Marketing Director at Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Thank you for the great review!

At Mandara, we strive to help immerse yourself in a Mandara moment and escape to a temple of relaxation and it seems we have achieved that. Thank you so much and we hope you will be visiting us again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2017

I enjoyed a traditionally Hawaiian massage while staying at the Wailea Marriott. The service was excellent and the massage was a very relaxing way to start my vacation on Hawaii. Prices are reasonable for a resort location, and the service provided is excellent!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2017

I was welcomed in, shown around, and I was picked from the waiting room on time. I received the mud wrap. Valerie was great.

I recommend the spa, although I cannot fully recommend doing the mud wrap as I did not see much benefit or relaxation from it.

I hope to go again and get a different service. I really loved the Wailea Marriott as a whole.

Thank you for the great review!

At Mandara, we strive to help immerse yourself in a Mandara moment and escape to a temple of relaxation and it seems we have achieved that. We'd love you to come back and try a different service from our menu. I am sure you will not be disappointed.