“Multiple booking problems...appointment cancelled”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #9 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed October 23, 2016

In advance of our trip to Maui I attempted to book a couple of massages for my spouse and myself. We always look forward to a couple of treatments each during vacation. Went to Mandara Spa booking website, but it wouldn't allow you to book two appointments on the same confirmation. So essentially you have to book one person, then go back in and book the second person. We wanted 2 treatments each, so that would be 4 separate online bookings; that made me nervous about availability since we couldn't book it all together. Frustrating, but just they way they do it, so I'll just call them and book it. The online scheduler showed availability for two therapists. Had to leave a message despite it being the middle of the day in Maui. Took a while to get a call back, only to be told nothing was available - they only had 'one therapist scheduled that day'. Weird thing - this was a 30 days in advance of our trip; and a typical busy Saturday. Just found it odd nothing was available with that much notice...literally 1 therapist with just a spot or two so no way to accommodate our requests for multiple treatments. Maybe that's how it works at this spa? Again, just a frustration. We did want the massage at this spa since we where staying on property, so I told the person I would reschedule some other plans and go back online to rebook a different day. So that's what I did. I went to rebook, but their offices were not yet open, I chose to rebook online. I tempted the fates with the online system which didn't allow you to book multiple appointments, so I just used two browsers and booked them back to back. No problem that way! Well...that was until today, 5 days out from the trip when they called and said 'they only have 1 therapist that day' and the online booking system was wrong showing availability. They offered me a 20% discount if we did back to back appointments over a 5 hour period. Doesn't work for other things we want to do that day (who wants to sit around a few hours while their spouse goes to the spa?).

Bottom line, unimpressed with their booking/scheduling system or their ability to seemingly get more than '1 therapist' working there. Beware. We are headed to the Grand Waliea spa instead.

3  Thank Emergingdave

Reviewed September 4, 2016

We tried the spa because there was a promotion and I'm so glad we did! I go to spas often and the services are top notch. It also has one of the best steam rooms I've even been in. So well kept and excellent service. I'm deciding if I'm going to book another appointment in my last 2 days here?

Reviewed July 25, 2016

The spa was beautiful and aptly appointed. The massage was the best I had ever received. The staff really listened to particular needs and catered to them.. The foot washing at the end was a real treat considering all the walking we had done on the island.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

The Mandara spa is elegant and very pricey. A basic manicure and pedicure (with the 10% discount because we stayed at the resort0 ran $120. While the people were nice and friendly, overall, I cannot recommend this spa. My manicure began chipping and crumbling on day 3 and by day 6, I had to drive to a store to find some polish remover it looked so bad. My pedicure chipped on day 5, but did not crumble and since it didn't look bad with a little chipping was left. Because the toe nail was cut in an interesting manner, when it started growing back inflamed my cuticle - which cause me to spend two sleepless nights with a throbbing left great toe until I got the soft tissues calmed down. I personally would not go back there.