“If you wish to be pampered and taken care of DO NOT come here.”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #7 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked a couples massage and I expect use of the shower, relaxation room et cetera. When booking I thought that to be what would be true. What we received for over $400 was a 40 minute massage and a receptionist who was obviously trained to get you in and chase you out as soon as possible. It was horrible and I am upset to have been so taken advantage of. Worst spa I have ever been to.

5  Thank michelle s

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are here on our honeymoon and decided to get a couples pedicure. It was HORRIBLE! We paid $75 each and it wasn't relaxing. The chairs are not comfortable which makes for an uncomfortable experience. I also had a shellac manicure this morning, but due to them wanting to charge me $85 for this (because they were charging me $25 to remove my shellac manicure that I already had peeled mostly off) I decided to cancel the rest of the manicure. The ladies at the front desk were very rude and not helpful. I was still charged $30 for the shellac removal plus 20% gratuity. Absolutely ridiculous! DO NOT go to them for manicure and pedicures. The service is bad and the ladies at the front were stuck up. Save the money and go to a spa that cares about their guests!

3  Thank Megan S
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I visited the Mandara Spa at the Marriott Wailea to get a pre-wedding manicure. I had a Spa Wish giftcard that I used here. I received a shellac french tip manicure. The front desk staff seemed stuck up and not that friendly. The lady that performed the manicure was very polite and engaging. The manicure lasted 3 weeks - shellac is worth the upcharge.

1  Thank Lola I
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I went for a couples massage and hydrotherapy. The lobby was nice and so wasthe bathroom and relaxation room. I could have sat in sauna and relaxation room all day.

The massage was ok, nothing special. The hydrotherapy was basically a bath, kind of romantic I guess.

I didn't care that they added a 20% tip for me, I always thought tips were discretionary. Overall it cost $386 for a massage for 50 minutes and hydrotherapy for 25.

1  Thank griffin86
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Recently purchased 2 Groupons for The Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott. $99each for $200 worth of services (not including tax and 20% gratuity). After reading the Trip Advisor reviews I was a little skeptical...decided to give it a shot anyway. A more apt description would not include the word 'Spa'. There are ~12 treatment rooms and a hair/nail salon, and separate areas for men & women that include locker and change rooms, bathroom facilities, steam rooms and a sitting room called a 'relaxation' room which is basically a waiting area with chairs and waterfall walls with bamboo and lights. There are no ocean/garden/Maui views, the only window was in the treatment room (when you're lying down, you can see palm trees and sky). Prior to and following treatments, unless you enjoy steam rooms, there is no reason to hang around unless you want to read older magazines, eat an apple or an orange and drink some tea (bring your own sugar). Having said that, my husband was extremely pleased with the deep-tissue massage given by Colleen, would highly recommend it and would ask for her by name next time even without a Groupon! (Note- he is VERRRY particular about massages and prefers therapeutic deep-tissue over 'relaxation': "no girly lavender oils"!)
My selection of the Pahoehoe mud wrap (exfoliation, mud, scalp/neck massage, shower, coconut lotion) was splendid although I would have preferred not to walk to the shower to scrub off the mud - a Vichy shower would be most helpful, and I was surprised that the back and stomach areas didn't get the mud. Next time I will book a service with Erika that includes a massage as I enjoyed her technique during the exfoliation and (too-short!) scalp/neck massage! I also had a shellac manicure that was unremarkable; although the technician was meticulous, 20hrs later the tips started showing wear. If you are looking for a real 'spa' experience or a place with views of Maui to feed your soul, this may not be the place....there are better views from the poolside bar/grill (The Pele Lava Flow drink is terrific). Erika & Colleen were worth the trip though and a great deal (for Maui) with the Groupon.

5  Thank drakemallard