“NICE VISIT WITH GREAT OCEAN VIEW”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #7 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Nice spa, great breck from trying to see it all while vacationing. Spa got my reservation confused which started out my visit with some stress and confusion, so I was a little rushed as advised my appointment later than it was. once we got beyond that very nice spa, body polish OK maybe not worth money, but hopefully prepares skin for massage which was very good, then had a mini facial which was again OK felt as she was trying to sell me facial items, but still enjoyed. Great ocean views from massage room, beautiful place just go and enjoy.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

GF booked a spa treatment here, so I scrambled to get a room at the Marriott Wailea, rental car, and flights from Oahu... Slightly backwards from typical vacation planning, but I'm glad we did it!

The package was for a Balinese body polish and a 50-minute lomi lomi massage.

In the men's spa area, amenities were nice, but there was no whirpool or sauna. They did have a steamroom though that works up pretty quickly. There was also a nice touch with a little waterfall in the lounge area while the massage rooms are prepped. Another nice touch was the bowl of lavendar fragrance they put under your face at the massage table... nice and relaxing.

The body polish was the first I'd had of the type and I chose the coffee variety (they let you look at samples and pick your scrub and massage oil). It exfoliated pretty well and it cleaned up the dry skin on my elbows and knees really well. If you're splurging, it's worth it, but if you're there for a budget pampering, the massage alone is awesome.

So I was skeptical of lomi lomi, as I'm more of a deep tissue guy. My therapist's name was Michael, and I would highly recommend him for anyone with knots, muscle spasms. aches, or whatever that needs to get worked out. He was very attentive to the areas where I was experiencing pain and told him about my bad posture and desk job... After working everything out, he showed me some stretches and tennis/golf ball massage techniques that you can do at home to get some relief. I think I slept 10 hours that night, I was so relaxed.

He's an avid runner and knows a lot about the area if you'd like to keep the massage conversational.

Overall, the spa here is run very professionally and my therapist was top-notch. I'll be returning my next Maui trip even if I don't stay at the Marriott.

1  Thank Masato I
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I got a deep tissue massage here by a guy named Michael it was a good service. I wish they place better chairs in the lounge area, something to really relax in

1  Thank vlust
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Great treatments...just a little on the expensive side

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I got our massagesOceanside and I highly reccomend doing this at least once in your life! Beautiful and relaxing! A little pricey, but worth it...

1  Thank ChicagoSZ