“Average Spa Way Overpriced”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #5 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Niwot, Colorado
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Average Spa Way Overpriced”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel for more than two weeks and scheduled 8 treatments ahead of time. We ended up taking six of those, canceled the remaining two and scheduled more treatments elsewhere. The prices were on par with a spa at the Four Seasons or a luxurious day spa, but the facilities and the service did not live up to that. The staff was friendly but not overly exited about their job. The time spend on the treatments was always a few minutes shorter than advertised. Also they try to sell their products pretty aggressively after each treatment.

Visited October 2011

Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do Yourself a Favor...Go to this Spa!”
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I had just arrived in Maui a couple of days ago from Australia. I needed a haircut and decided to try the salon at Mandara at the Wailea Beach Marriott.. When I arrived, the staff was very welcoming. Kaila saw me right away. She took time to decide what I wanted and gave me a great shampoo and haircut. While I was getting my haircut, Nancee, said she had time to offer a manicure or pedicure. I paid for my haircut and was leaving, but the sky was overcast, so I decided to take Nancee up on her offer, so I went back. I spoke to the Manager, who is new and he helped me arrange a pedicure and a deep tissue massage. The pedicure was great, Nancee, who has lived in Maui for a while was able to talk about local points of interest and we talked a lot about running.
I had about a half hour before my massage, so I was able to enjoy the eucal euyptus scented steam room and the relaxation room with a soothing waterfall.
Jolene was my massage therapist. She was so warm and friendly. After determining what I needed ( my back hurt from the long flight from Australia), she gave me probably the best massage I have ever had - and I've been to spas from New York City to Beijing. My massage was only 50 minutes, but it felt longer and I didn't feel rushed, but at the end I wished I had gotten the longer massage.
I can't say enough about this spa - it was reasonably priced, was able to accommodate me for the time I needed, the ambient lighting is relaxing and the new feel with woods and water helped make the whole experience unforgettable.

california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“mandara spa Maui great people bad management”
Reviewed February 14, 2008

although I found the spa to be beautiful. I felt an overwhelming atmosphere of frustration. the staff all appeared to be overworked as the staffing level was so low i had to call 3 times to get in. ( they told me it was booked solid when I found out later they had only one employee. no wonder I couldnt get in. ) To be fair the services I had were excellent, Fantastic massage (john) and probably one of the best pedicures I've ever had ( andrea) + an ok facial . My Husband went a few days later as again the staffing level did'nt allow us to go together, he found much the same , his therapist told him that their "turnover" has been pretty high, in fact that therapist said he planned on leaving soon too!
Management better take note or returning guests won't be returning to the spa. My other BIG beef was with their "service charge" whats up with charging guests for tipping in advance?

2 Thank bridetobCalifornia
NJ
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“excellent”
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We were in the Marriot Wailea for our honeymoon in September 2006. We decided to have side by side ocean front massages in the little cabana. It was amazing best massage I ever had. I highly recommend this if relaxation is what your are looking for.

2 Thank ENj
Stamford, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good Service, horrible location”
Reviewed October 23, 2006

I went to the spa to get a facial. great service but the hotel is still under major renovations. The spa service rooms are located in different guest rooms that have been "transformed."

The spa service rooms are noisy, especially if there is a guest room above being occupied. Although I do give the hotel credit for attempting to keep the spa open, it's still not a spa.

1 Thank CTNYCTraveler