“Excellent - private - timely - relaxing”

Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani
Ranked #3 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: The new, 9,000 square-foot spa offers a full menu of authentic spa experiences to relieve, restore or provide results in a nurturing environment. Treatment rooms will include the Nalu (Wave) Suite, with a state-of-the art wave table that simulates the feeling of floating, the Wailele (Waterfall) Suite which offers Vichy Shower treatments, and the Hui (Gather) Suites, four treatment rooms with a private foyer, perfect for small groups. Additional features include experience showers inspired by varieties of Maui rain, a soothing palolo (mud) bar, an invigorating hot lava stone foot bed, steam and sauna, as well as a nail and make-up bar.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I made the choice to go to the Willow Stream after feeling like I was on a conveyer belt at The Grand Waliea spa a year ago. This indeed was a better fit for me. The newly redone spa is impressive and there are no tired broken tiles and leaky faucets like at the GW. My therapist was right on time to pick me up in the lounge, and the stone massage was just dreamy. Lorraine is a magician.

There are a number of "experience" showers, but i didn't get the sense that there was a scent of any kind (which I expected, similar to the GW) but rather a change in lighting and drip pattern. You have the option of dialing the temperature up or down to your liking ... they are open view with a panel of glass however, which is always funky. There is a "mud bar" which amounts to you selecting a cup of mud and applying it prior to sitting in the steam room. The private showers include all that you need to prep for the day after your treatment(s).

I found the reservation process to be easy and every interaction I had with staff was pleasant. I would not hesitate to come here again and if you prefer a more intimate environment this is a great option in Wailea.

3  Thank KFerg
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Aloha and thank you for visiting our NEW Willow Stream Spa! We are delighted that your expectations were exceeded and appreciate you sharing the details of your spa experience. Please be assured that your kind compliments will be passed on to Lorraine and the team.  Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!