Turtle Reef Kayak Tour of Makena, Maui

Book in advance
from
$106.46
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Makena Beach
from $106.46
from $138.72
from $106.46
from $179.00
1,017 results
All reviews parking lot porta potties food truck on duty big waves life guards makena state park body surf beautiful sand soft sand fish lifeguards beach water shade rocks swimmers
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Big beach has it all from baby blue waters to turtle sightings & even mild waves for swimming. At the south end there are lava rocks the waves crash over & the north end there's a path you can walk over to the nudes side, Little Beach. You must go visit when on Maui!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Steve O
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

If you visit Maui, Big Beach is a must. We pulled in and the parking lot is full but do not let that discourage you. As the name implies the beach is massive. Enjoy a day or an hour. When you least expect it you may have a special visitor.

Kevin Howell

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Massive beach with ample sand to accommodate plenty of visitors with 3 different parking areas. Some facilities available. Sand is very nice and offers nice waves, but shore break and can be hazardous. Very calm during our visit. Lifeguards on premise. A great break from resort beaches.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017

this is absolutely beautiful beach with the turquoise blue water and the nice soft white sand.. we were here when a hurricane was reported not too far away and never came here to the island but wow!! did it ever make some big gorgeous waves here. It was absolutely gorgeous you can feel the beach vibrate from the crashing big waves it was still nice to go out swimming with the kids however I got caught in a tide pool it was very hard for me to swim back to shore as the water keeps sucking me out it took me about 5 times longer to get back to the shore. I know I know you're swim horizontally away from it. but my brain was telling me other things. this is right next to the rocks on the right side of the beach where the waves seem to be much bigger so stay safe. By the way if you go over the Rocks /hill on the left side that's called little Makena that is a nudist beach be careful with the kids. there are many other beautiful beaches on this island, I would also suggest trying the black Pebble Beach but after visiting them all this became my favorite.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed April 30, 2017

No doubting why this beach gets high ratings... free parking, gorgeous stretch of beach. Pit toilets are disgusting though.

We spent a few hours at this beach, getting her before 9am; taking it all in. Surf was up a bit and as the waves broke close to shore, it was iffy for swimming. Plenty of boogie boarders and there were some anxious parents chasing after kids who got bowled over by a wave break.

Glad we had our rental chairs and umbrella as it was a hot one with little breeze when we visited. There is some shade under the trees back from the shore. Careful what drops from the trees though and keep your flip flops on around them.

Date of experience: April 2017