“The Grand Wailea breakfast buffet is an excellent way to start the day.”

Grand Dining Room at Grand Wailea Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Dining Room at Grand Wailea Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Rockaway, New Jersey
“The Grand Wailea breakfast buffet is an excellent way to start the day.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The breakfast buffet in the Grand Dining Room was wonderful. You can't beat omelets, pancakes, waffles and malasadas made in front of you! Excellent selection of fresh fruit, pastries, breads, potatoes and meat that changed every day. There are plenty of staff to refill your coffee cup (if they didn't leave the pot for you) and the only thing better than the food was the view of the Grand Wailea grounds, beach and Molokini Crater from your chair. If breakfast is included in your stay, you don't have to worry about missing it if you go exploring early... they will deliver to your room an insulated lunch bag (you get to keep) with your choice of "on the go" breakfast items that will also take you through lunch. Never felt rushed - the staff was content to let me read (when I was alone), enjoy the scenery and enjoy the whole pot of coffee.

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had breakfast here almost every day. This was an incredible buffet. There is absolutely something for everyone. The kids found lots of things they like and the adults loved the food.

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“breakfast buffet”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

$30 pp for all you can eat, great selection but nothing spectacular, in fact same old breakfast foods in a fancy room with a great view. Menu could use a make over with some unique items to make special, not same old "made to order omelets " and pancakes

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Update - It gets worse.....”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Following on from my recent damning review of this hotel ( which you may have read) which mentioned the dreadful wait times at this restaurant amongst other issues - I wrote to the Waldorf Astoria head office to complain. I copied the letter to the hotel during my stay - which was completely ignored by the hotel management. However, the head office obviously told the management to respond - today - a week later by priority mail. ( "..following your letter to the Head office we are responding.....")

I have never read a more dreadful disingenuine response. In summary, a list of excuses why everything we complained about was true, but there was nothing they could do - but they will attempt some staff training... (basically - we are very busy and that's the way it is)

In my opinion the letter was written only after the head office gave them a well deserved kick to respond - otherwise I believe we would have continued to be ignored ( like every other complainant I imagine) Yes, there was a half hearted apology, which was then totally and utterly diluted by the hotel manager justifying the poor service and lack of shade because they work on 'full capacity'.

Unacceptable, and I will be writing to the CEO and telling him that (along with several overcharges on the bill we discovered since arriving home)

It's so sad to see so many poor reviews, because I know each one is precious, valuable holiday time spoilt. I only hope the genuine reviews here make people stay away - as I fear only significant financial pressure through falling bookings will make this management change it's dreadful attitude.

My heartfelt advice? Stay well away and spend your hard earned cash somewhere where it benefits you - and also benefits a business with integrity - I'm my opinion certainly not the Grand Wailea

• Visited August 2012
“Breakfast Buffet - YES!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Breakfast Buffet was excellent! Everything imaginable, displayed quite appetizingly, excellent service both at the omelet or waffle bar as well as at the table. The mix of pineapple, orange and guava juice is highly recommended! Pricey but worth it.

Visited August 2012