“Come for the ambiance, stay for the ahi!”
Review of Ko Restaurant

Ko Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ko Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Kaukahi Street
Transit: The nearest Bus stop is located at the Shops of Wailea Maui.
Description: Executive Chef Tylun Pang leads the culinary masterpiece of Kō, the only fine dining restaurant on Maui to offer cuisine inspired by Maui’s sugarcane plantation era. Located at The Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea, Kō features island family recipes and includes farm-fresh Hawaiian, Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese menu items with a contemporary twist.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Delicious and good size portions of an array of Asian fusion dishes. We loved the spicy ahi roll! We also went back a few days later for the pomegranite cucumber mojito!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was one of the best restaurants I've been to in a while. My husband and I were tired from our drive from Hana and we stopped by Nicks Fishmarket, but it looked too busy, so we snooped around for another place to eat and came across Ko, we didn't have any reservations, but the manager Kanoi was very exceptional in every way, it was quite busy, seemed as if all the seats were filled up, but somehow she got to seat us within a good 7 minutes! She definitely knew the term urgency, but what I loved most was she's amazing at running that restaurant. She immediately greeted us with her beautiful smile and (pardon if I misspell this but) Aloha. She definitely made us feel so special and valued because of our personal conversation about Hana and where she reccommends Darren, my husband and I to go.

this is just great! I could talk for hours about my experience, but besides that amazing first impression from Kanoi, service only got better with my server Hannah, her presence is like an angel! Perfect timely manner with food coming out and checking up on us with drinks and necessities. Her smile could launch a thousand ships like they say.

honestly people, 5 star all around! My experience was perfect! No need to hesitate, just go there and youll see yourself!

TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Ko Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Wow- We’re incredibly happy that experience at Kō was exceptional and, most importantly, that our staff contributed to making it memorable for you and your husband. We will absolutely pass along your kind words about Kanoi. Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We came for happy hour and it was good. The drinks were just ok. Nothing too great and tasted weak and watered down. I had a shrimp dish with onions and peppers and that was great. The hubby had the phyllo wrapped prawns and it was just ok. The view was nice as was service. Would come back for the shrimp for sure. Hopefully they will pick up the quality of the drinks!

TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Ko Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for joining us for Kō's for Happy Hour. While we are happy to hear you enjoyed the ambiance and the cuisine, we're sorry that the cocktails failed to impress. We take pride in the high quality and unique ingredients of our signature cocktails and can assure you that your comments will be addressed. We hope to see you again in the future. Mahalo and best wishes.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Food was ok. Had lunch after a ferry trip from Lanai. Came back for dinner the next night. Food was just average for a "fine" dining restaurant, didn't like sitting on patio furniture, not what I consider fine dining...

1  Thank Hollijoy
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Outstanding service. Appetizers were just ok. Entrees were both very good. Tried the long board beer. Very tasty.

Been to Ko Restaurant? Share your experiences!