“Great snacks and wonderful service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ko Restaurant

Ko Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Kaukahi Street
Transit: The nearest Bus stop is located at the Shops of Wailea Maui.
Description: Executive Chef Tylun Pang leads the culinary masterpiece of Kō, the only fine dining restaurant on Maui to offer cuisine inspired by Maui’s sugarcane plantation era. Located at The Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea, Kō features island family recipes and includes farm-fresh Hawaiian, Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese menu items with a contemporary twist.
San Francisco, California
“Great snacks and wonderful service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We met a bunch of local friends here for pu-pu's and drinks the other night. From start to finish, the experience was delightful. The hotel itself is a stunner and the staff were extremely friendly. The mango martini was very refreshing and not too 'alcoholy'. Our servers where very intuitive on when we wanted more and when we were 'pau'. I'm excited to return to this great spot!

• Korean first
Hawaii
“Wonderful lunch atmosphere”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've lunched here a number of time now and am always pleased with the relaxed outdoor atmosphere. The service is great and the food good. There's a number of items on the menu that anyone would enjoy. Great place to meet friends for a leisure lunch.

Vancouver
“Best Meal We Had on Maui”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I took my mother-in-law to Ko when we visited Wailea in September and it was easily the best meal we had on the island. The outdoor seating was comfortable, the service was excellent. The view was no great shakes but the food was definitely worth the drive down from Lahaina.

The cocktails were very good - and when my mother-in-law discovered that she'd ordered the wrong drink, the server brought her a different one, free of charge. I started with the American Kobe Beef Poke, which was delicious - fresh and a great combination of flavours. For the main, we all had the Makai Catch - I can't remember what kind of fish it was, but it was local and tasted amazing in the macadamia nut crust.

For dessert, I had the Pao Doce Frito, which was basically everything you could ever want if you are me. Sweet, donut-like dough, ice cream and jam. SO GOOD. My two dining companions each ordered the little trio of desserts so that they could try everything. All the desserts were a big hit, as was the latte I ordered to finish.

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons later in our visit and while we enjoyed our meals there, none compared to the dinner we had at Ko. Worth a visit!!

• Visited September 2012
Edmonds, WA
“Service Please”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went there for lunch and the restaurant was nearly empty. I ordered a cold seafood salad and it took a little over 20 minutes to be served and I was on the verge of cancelling my order and leaving. It’s not a fast food place, but they need to strike a balance and they missed. While the salad was excellent (and expensive), they missed their opportunity to secure a return diner.

• Visited October 2012
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Ko Restaurant, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. While we are happy that you enjoyed the seafood salad, it is disappointing to learn that you waited over 20 minutes during a non-busy time. Please accept our sincere apologizes for the delay. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide the dining experience you deserve. Mahalo.
maui, hawaii
“What a surprise.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Dinner was great---outdoors, locally influenced menu, Chef Pang's labor of cultural fusion even captured the flavor of Liliha Bakery's famous Chantilly cake. But the surprise is wings---chicken wings. Crispy outside, just enough heat to be interesting, and juicy inside. During football weekends (and Monday night) Ko offers 10 wings for $10--and they are by far the best in town. Who would have thought. I love that upscale hotels (at least the Kealani) get it that they can drive business by including local residents. My guess is that a few visitors will glom onto the great deal soon as well. Thanks, Chef Pang.