“the one can't-miss-must-do item on your bucket list”

Hawaiian Sailing Canoe Adventures
Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe and Snorkel Adventure
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“the one can't-miss-must-do item on your bucket list”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My experience was so amazing, I had to do it again! From the aloha spirit Sage and Vene bring, to the organic experience of the canoe itself, to becoming alive in the ancient Hawaiian chants, I was brought on an authentic journey closer to the water, land, and sky than can be experienced in a large, impersonal boat with 150 friends headed to Molokini. Sage both times adapted the trip to the immediate conditions, when best to sail, snorkel, whale-watch, with great conversation information from Polynesian navigation to history to whales to ecology. Do not miss an opportunity for this unique and amazing sail!

Visited January 2011

San Diego
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“nice, but not great for the price!”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The canoe is cool to sail on and the guides are nice however it was very disappointing that we didn't really sail that far out from the shore. We could of just gone out on a kayak ourselves and saved almost $100 each! Perhaps it's worth it during Whale season to see Whales, but our experience was not so great! No fish to see, granted the guides have no control over that, but I wish we could of sailed out further. The next day we kayaked out as far as the canoe took us. On a smaller note, we were not offered bottles of water during our sail which is supposed to be included in the price.

2 Thank ocdclean
California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I chose this because of the good reviews and because of the small group format. This was my first time snorkeling and it was a wonderful choice! Sage made sure that everyone was instructed and comfortable in how to snorkel. He really helped the small group come together by starting with introductions and pictures and shared a lot of knowledge about traditional Hawaiian sailing canoes. My husband and I had a wonderful time snorkeling and the sailing was good despite the wind and chop that day. Sage was very fair in making an adjustment based on the fact that the weather dictated a shortened trip. I felt that the whole experience was great and would do it again. My only small complaint was that it sounds from their website that photos are included. In reality they take a few shots which you can but prints of. I would have loved to have ones that I could load onto my computer so would bring my own cameral next time.

dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is a must do excursion. The two guides are so informative about Hawaiian history and the Hawaiian sailing canoe and it just a peaceful and amazing adventure. There was alot of whale activity that day and we were able to get fairly close which was amazing. Our son (9) had a great time taking a turn at paddling. The view of the coastline was amazing. Like another reviewer, I recommend that you go on this trip early during your stay - because you will want to go again. We planned on going a second time on our last day - but unfortunately the wind came up and we could not go out.

Madison, WI
“Awesome sailing and snorkeling experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The sailing canoe adventure in Maui was one of my favorite activities during my first trip to Hawaii in October 2009. The scenery was gorgeous, the canoe ride was smooth and Sage and his sailing partner were interesting and fun, yet professional. I would definitely recommend this attraction to anyone looking for a great experience in Maui!