“Great breakfast. Wish we went for dinner too!”

The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Kalai Waa
Description: Hawaii's first and only Relais & Chateaux restaurant, The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea offers a European-inspired elegance infused with creative island-to-table cuisine. Menus are created around what is readily available from Maui’s own farms and fisherman ensuring that each dish is prepared using only the finest local, seasonal and artisanal products; including those grown in the restaurant’s own garden and farming operation. From its perch on the hillside above South Maui's Wailea resort area, the restaurant offers sweeping panoramic ocean views from the upper lanai and intimate dining under the stars in the garden.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The food here is iron chef quality! Seiously, the chef here need to go on the Food Network! We ate breakfast here and it was so unique and delicious. I had a lamb meat hash that was prepared with to lightly poached eggs on top. I think the were poached, not really sure. I just know that they were decadent and luscious and the lamb meat hash was so delicately flavored and delicious! Even my wifes simple egg and meat pannini was over the top! We only wish we had mor time so that we could have gone back for dinner!

1  Thank jimdcsi
Capische, Manager at The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Aloha jimdcsi, Mahalo for your kind words! We are so happy you and your wife enjoyed your breakfast and especially the lamb hash and breakfast panini! We hope if you are ever back to Wailea you will come back to Capische? again, and get the dinner you wanted!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My girlfriend and I went around sunset time and they have an incredible view from up top. I will say I was glad I brought my sunglasses because it is definitely in your face but my gf loved it. We ordered a cheese platter app and it was ok. But take that with a grain of salt as I do not have a sophisticated palette. My gf loved her lamb entree and the rizzoto was easily the best I've ever had. I remember walking away thinking it was probably my favorite meal I've had on Maui. Also, as a tip, it has great food but not the type of atmosphere I think a young child would enjoy. There were families there but most were couples or groups of couples.

Capische, Manager at The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hi John, Mahalo for your very kind words and review! We are so happy you and your girlfriend enjoyed your meal, especially the risotto - which is a favorite of a lot of people! We greatly appreciate your feedback and recommendations, and hope to have you back at Capische? again in the future!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

While staying at the Hotel Wailea, we had the opportunity to have breakfast at Capishe! The food was outstanding! I had the hash of the week which was incredible: beef short ribs with potatoes, which came with two eggs; it is served with a homemade ketchup. I usually do not eat heavy meats for breakfast but this meal was delicious and portion appropriate. The fruit is local and fresh – you get a chance to try fruit that is specific to the Island. Service was always friendly.

Capische, Manager at The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Aloha BarnzGirls! Mahalo for your kind words and recommendations! We are so happy you enjoyed your breakfast here at Capische?. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you visit us again if your travels bring you to Wailea!

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view, delicious food. Watched a pod of whales while eating dinner. Located at Hotel Wailea which seemed rather deserted. Recommend highly.

Capische, Manager at The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Aloha Swigchow, Thank you for your very kind words! We appreciate your recommendation - and we're so happy you got to see whales while you were here! Please come see us if you visit Wailea again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Even though this restaurant is not by the water you should not discount it. The food and service were very good. We got there past sunset but if I went again, I would try to be there at sunset as it looked like the view from up high would be wonderful!

1  Thank travlr02129
Capische, Manager at The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Aloha travlr02129, Mahalo for your very kind words and great review! We appreciate your feedback and do recommend to come back sometime for the sunset - it's amazing! We hope you'll visit us again!