“Quick satisfying lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We ate here for lunch after snorkeling on our way back to the Four Seasons. It is in the Wailea Shops, so very close to the neighboring hotels in terms of convenience. Lunch was a sandwich and taco salad for us, and they were both ok. Tasty and satisfying but nothing special. This is a good place for a fast lunch.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were looking for a casual nearby place to eat dinner after a long day and found this place in the Shops at Wailea. The food was good, drinks were great, and the price was relatively inexpensive compared to the other places in the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Good service and exceptionally good cheeseburgers! I eat burgers 1-2x a year and this restaurant is excellent and good service as well! Happy atmosphere & overlooking the ocean.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had dinner on Monday, April 29th, quite late in the evening. We have been to Cheeseburger Island Style in Wailea on previous trips to Maui and have always had a decent meal here. This visit was no exception.

The burgers we had were really good. They are large so do come with a considerable appetite. My wife had the regular fries with her burger and I upgraded mine to the sweet potato variety. Again, both types of fries were good. We also ordered onion rings. It was a bit too much food for the two of us, I think our eyes were hungrier than our stomachs!

I have read a lot of mediocre and some even bad reviews about this place. I am not sure I understand why. This is a burger joint in Wailea. One should not expect gourmet fare here, for that you have Tommy Bahamas and Ruth's Chris steakhouse on the upper floor of this shopping centre, and the restaurants attached to the high-end hotels nearby. Also, I have read complaints that this place is expensive. Hello? This is Wailea! Not exactly the cheapest part of the island to visit.

Our server was friendly and our experience this evening was similar to previous visits here. We would definitely return.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our flight from the mainland arrived around 11am, and our check-in at our hotel wasn't for several hours, so we decided we'd grab lunch at this restaurant. First time we've ever eaten here. In short, it was only average. Our server was friendly, and we enjoyed the outside-ish seating, but the burger and fries were unable to really knock our socks off. It's a shame, too, since this restaurant enjoys an excellent location and ambience, and it should be so much more than it is. With so much competition on Maui, there was no reason for us to be return customers when our burgers were really nothing special. My husband and I do not consider ourselves foodies, nor are we particularly picky eaters, but we do know average when we get it.