“You're not in Kansas...”

Cheeseburger Grille And Tap Room
Ranked #27 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I guess what totally turned us off about this little restaurant was that we made the mistake of going to the bar just before the end of happy hour. The service was slow and we immediately got the impression that we didn't look wealthy enough to warrant good service. (We were dressed in casual Hawaiian gear; no jeans and no bare feet, just nice shorts and cool but classy tops). When the bartender finally came over we ordered one drink each. While we were trying to decide on an appetizer, happy hour ended. My husband made the mistake of mentioning how pricey the regular menu was to the bartender. The bartender's response? "You're not in Kansas anymore; you're in Wailea now" I was so insulted I wanted to walk out immediately! How dare he assume that we weren't wealthy enough to drink there! (He was wrong, by the way) And if we were less financially blessed he had NO right to say that!!! We ended up staying for an hour or so only because we met a nice couple beside us and they wanted to chat. The rest of the staff in the restaurant stood around with frowns on their faces and never made a move to welcome people. We will never go there again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is really nothing special. Everything was about average. If you are looking for a break from the upscale restaurants and pricing in Wailea, this is a good place to check out. They have a large selection of decent burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. It reminds me of something like a Houlihan's or Friday's.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

For a restaurant that uses cheeseburger in its title, this is the worst item on the menu. The burgers are oblong frozen balls of gristle that have no taste whatsoever. This is my second and last visit to this disgusting restaurant. I also want to add this is the first one star review I have ever made, yet I feel I am giving them one star too many. Owners, wake up and smell the roses, if you don't get a new direction, you will fail miserably!!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had two cheeseburges, an Hawaiian chicken and a grilled cheese. The whole family enjoyed their entrees along with the onion rings, sweet potato fries and chili cheese fries. Was it awesome? No. But, it was pretty darn good!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pre-pattied frozen hamburger overcooked and served lukewarm with onion rings that looked like they were from a bag and oven baked (and that is an insult to the bagged variety but it is as close as I can get). The waitress tried to tell me that blue cheese will not melt on a burger and it is supposed to be cold. After my wife and i tried two bites, I asked for the check. Waitress didn't notice or didn't care. I didn't complain because anyone who would serve a burger that bad knows what they are doing.